Chapter 43

"Kalahni." She called. "Kalahni."

I followed her voice down the hall towards the stairs only to see no one there. So, I tip-toed down each step trying to be as quiet as possible, without knowing what to expect when I reached the bottom.

"Hello?" I whispered.

As soon as I reached the bottom I quietly proceeded to the kitchen where I thought she was, that is until I heard a baby crying from upstairs.

A baby?

Indecisive about whether I should run to the baby or follow her voice I stopped momentarily but instead changed paths and ran back upstairs as fast as I could. The cries got louder and stronger as I got closer and closer.

The cries lead me back to where I started from, my room.

Stepping inside, I notice a white bassinet placed near the end of my bed. Its cotton and lace canopy prevented me from seeing inside so I stepped closer to get a better look.

Only to see Molly step out of the shadows, walking towards the bassinet most likely with the same intention as me. Frozen, I watched as she made it to the bassinet and picked up the baby from the confinement, cradling the micro human being to her chest.

It's white blanket now stained from her bloody hands and chest. The baby continued to cry and I didn't blame it, I would cry too.

Bouncing the baby in her arms. "Come." She smiled up at me. "Don't be afraid."

But I was, but I felt as if I shouldn't be. She has done anything to hurt, so far. She urged me come closer as if she had something to show me.

As my feet began moving on their on accord, every step I took towards the two my stomach began turning in knots. Stopping in place I clutched my stomach, hunched over I proceeded to cough violently as the feeling of puking rose to my throat.

Everything around me began to blurry as Molly and the baby started to fade away. "No."

"It's okay Lahni, we will meet again. Please, don't fear me." She yelled to me over the baby cries.

"Wait." I coughed. "The baby?"

"You will meet again." She assured me.

Everything went black and my eyes opened to the bright light from the sun streaming through my slightly parted curtains but the nausea in my stomach just got worse.

I jumped out of my bed and ran for my bathroom, to the toilet puking up from the bottom of my stomach.

After discharging my dinner from last night in the porcelain throne, I brushed my teeth.

Finally refreshed I left my room and headed downstairs to the kitchen to get a bottle of water.

As soon as I stepped into the kitchen, I noticed that the basement door was noticeably ajar. Overly perplexed, especially since I thought that the door had been locked for several weeks now and the key had been miss placed.

I pursued to the basement door absolutely dauntless, having enough of Molly's tricks. Nearly slamming the door shut I turned and went for the fridge to grab a water, distastefully eyeing my last nights left over from Olive Garden. I hastily snatched it out of the fridge and trashed it forcefully, almost taking the top off.

My all time favorite restaurant food poisoned me last night and that just makes me very upset.

To settle my stomach I grabbed a pack of saltine crackers on my out of the kitchen. Reaching the top of the stairs I changed paths to Slade's room instead of mine, not wanting to be alone.