Chapter 49

I laid out on an endless green grass field as flowers blossomed and bloomed in all directions. Trees big and tall made homes for nearby animal friends, mostly birds as they chirped happily.

The sun beamed down on me in my flowing white summer dress, standing I twirled letting it fray in a circle around me with my long wavy hair. My skin loving the mix of heat and cool air beating against it.

Stopping mid spin I notice a figure down the field watching me in curiosity. As I made my way closer I realized it was a man, a very tall, familiar looking man with black hair and carmel skin.

"Daddy?" I asked in utter shock.

"Hi, baby girl." He smiled so wide his eyes crinkled with excited.

I ran to him as I hopped into his arms, holding on as tight as I could. "Daddy, I miss you so much." I cried.

He pulled out of the hug to look at me. "I know baby girl but I'm so proud of the woman you've become, strong, just like your mother."

"How do you know?" I whispered, smiling sadly.

Not knowing I was crying until he wiped the tears away on my cheeks. "I've been watching all the good, the bad, the pain and hurt." He said, his hazel eyes capturing mine as he held my face in his big strong hands.

"All of it?" I blushed, averting my gaze.

He chuckled softly as it felt like music to my ears. "Yes, all of it."

I groaned in embarrassment. "Great."

"It's fine, honey." He chuckled again. "It's all part of life and I want you to make the best of your life even little surprises, they're part of life." He smiled.

I looked up at him, confused. "Surprises?"

Oh, he must be talking about my attacker and Alex, but those aren't things to smile about...

He shook his head. "I can't tell you but you'll find out soon enough." I just shrugged. "Honey, I have to go now but I always want you to remember that I will always love you and tell your mom and Nico that I love them."

I nodded, tearing up to think about how much I missed him. "I miss you, daddy.

"I know, baby. But I'm always with you." He smiled.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

I looked around trying to find where the noise came from.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

"Daddy, what is th-" I began as turn back to him and my make believe world began to blur before me, but he was gone. "Daddy?! Daddy?!" I yelled over the noise but it only got louder.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Everything went black as I opened my eyes to a room with white walls and flower pictures in brown elegant frames. Looking around I notice two chairs in the corner occupied by three sleeping bodies. In one chair held my mom and Dean while the other held Nico, and at my bedside laid a sleeping wheel chaired Dominic.

Why would he be in a wheel chair?

I tried remembering what had happened but every single time I came up blank as a massive headache came on. In pain, I grabbed at my head, coming to find a huge bandage on the right side next to my temple. Just then I felt a sting of pain on my left cheek near my mouth, I touched its swollen form all the way down to my split lip.

Whimpering, I began to panic.

No matter how hard I tried I couldn't remember what happened and that scares me more than anything.