Chapter 19

This school is huge, but doesn't look bigger than my old school. My old school had two levels, this school only looks like it has one. I walked up to the front doors above it read 'Rochester Century High School' in white medium size letters. In the front of the school that a very tall flag pole holding an American flag next to a smaller one with Minneapolis state flag.

As I walked through the glass doors of my new school, home of the Panthers, I felt like I was having an outer body experience. I can't believe that this is actually happening, I moved away from my old home and school to a new one. Everybody I know and love is back in Miami with Ronnie and Dom, just thinking about this is making me very depressed.

There were a few students in the quad area goofing around, but not too many since school hasn't started. As I stood there looking around they all seemed to stop what they were doing to stare at me, I finally found a sign that read 'main office'. I proceeded to walk to those doors looking for help, opening the doors I found a little old lady, with grey hair and big round glasses sitting behind a desk that looked a bit to big for her. She was talking on the phone but looked up as I came in. I walked over to the desk and waited until she finished her call.

Soon enough she hung up the phone and turned towards me, "Good morning, how may I assist you?"

"Yes, my name is Kalahni Taylor, I'm new here and they told me to come pick up my schedule in here."

"Oh, yes. I have it right here. We only have the new students come to pick up their schedules from the office, but the students that were in this school district last get theirs in the mail. We have a couple more new students coming and we have a tour for you newbies as well. So, here is your schedule, just sit over there for a bit while we give the other new students a chance to make an appearance." She smiled.

"Thank you." I smiled back.

I walked over and sat in a one of the chairs that was lined up against the wall in a single row, waiting for the other new students to show. As I sat there I took a look at my schedule, satisfied with the order of the class subjects.

Period 0 - Homeroom Mr. McFarland Room 245

Period 1 - Calculus Ms. Jones Room 221

Period 2 - Honors English Mrs. McFarland Room 245

Period 3 - P.E Ms. Johnson Gym

Lunch

Period 4 - Spanish IV Mrs. Valenzuela Room 201

Period 5 - Art II Mr. Diego Room 332

Period 6- Chemistry Ms. William Room 212

Ugh. P.E. I knew I should have taken it last year, then I wouldn't have it this year. Seniors are not required to take P.E if they finished their third year in 11th grade but since I asked for only one semester last year I have to take it for one semester this year.

Just as I finished looking over my schedule a tall boy with brownish red hair walked in wearing fitted jeans and a white V neck with some beat up navy blue chucks, looking a little hungover. His 6 foot figure was slightly muscular slumped his way through the door looking like he would rather be in Hell burning than be here. He walked up to the desk and told the lady that he was new and needed his schedule, he sounded as bad as he looked. She looked through her papers for his name, when she found it she handed it him and told him go sit and wait for the three other new students.

He walked away from the desk looking extremely bored, but once his eyes meet mine they seemed to perk up. Sitting down next me he said one of the cheesiest things I have ever heard, "Hi, I'm Kade and you are... gorgeous?" He smirked, his green eyes searching mine as he held out his hand for me to shake.