Chapter 39

I ended up spending the night at Ronnie's house after we left the hospital last night. This morning she dropped me off at Dom's house before school. Since I will be staying at his house for the rest of my time here I left my bag there.

After she left I went up to his room and stripped the sheets, pillow cases, and comforters before throwing them in the washer. While they washed I switched on the TV and watched a rerun of Ridiculousness, without noticing I dosed off for a couple of hours.

Waking up, I checked the time to see how long I had left to pick Dom up, having an hour to spare. I threw his covers in the dryer and cleaned up a little around the house.

By the time I was done titying up, the dryer went off, just in time for me to leave to get him. Quickly I made his bed up and grabbed him a change of clothes then hopped in his car and left to get him.

When I walked into his room he was sitting up at the end of his bed drinking a bottle off water. "Hey, baby." He smiled at me looking extremely better than yesterday.

"Hi." I smiled, trying to hold back my happiness so I didn't overwhelm him.

"Hi?" He chuckled. "Okay..." He trailed off, seeing right through me.

Rolling my eyes I handed over his clothes. "Go change."

Smirking, he took the bag from my hand. "Wanna join me?" He suggested, seductively.

"Not even. You're still contagious."

"Only if we swoop spit. Who says we even have to kiss?" He smirked walking towards the bathroom.

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes before he closed the door.

Right when he went into the bathroom Candice, the nurse came in and began stripping the bed and cleaning up. "Is he changing?"

"Yeah." I smiled. "I don't mean to be rude but you look pretty young to be a nurse."

She laughed. "I am pretty young, being 21 but I graduated high school at sixteen went straight to college for Nursing."

"Wow." I said, surprised. "That's amazing."

"Thank you." She smiled. "What do you wanna do when you get older?"

"I actually wanna be a Pharmacist, but right now I'm in a six month program at my school to become a Pharmacy Tech." I smiled, excited just talking about it.

"I'm glad you're excited about it because you don't wanna be stuck with a career you hate."

"I am very excited." I smiled.

Just then Dominic came out of the bathroom dressed in the outfit I brought him consisting of an all red v neck, a pair of black basketball shorts with a red strip on each side, and his black Jordan slippers he wore over his long black socks. I even brought him his all black LA snap back hat which he placed backwards on his head.

"Thanks, lil bit." He smiled at me, obviously satisfied with my choice of an outfit. He wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his head on my shoulder.

Candice gathered up the sheets. "Make sure you stay here until your doctor comes to talk to you."

"Right." Dom nodded. "Thanks, Candice." He waved as she opened the door.

"You're more than welcome." She smiled.

"I am so glad I'm getting out of here." He cried as soon as she left.

"Why?" I asked, turning around to face him.

"I hate hospitals, they smell weird and so do the people who work and stay here." He shivered.