Chapter 41

Dom and I ended up sleeping past the time we were suppose to get up and start getting ready for the Homecoming Dance. Instead we got a not so pleasant wake up call for my new friends, Kia and her two sidekicks, Ryder and Brook.

"Lahni! It's an earthquake!" Kia screamed. "We have to run and ride under tables and shit like that!"

As soon as I heard earthquake being screamed I popped up from the bed in a heart beat, to find Kia, Brook, and Ryder lounge on the end of my bed just staring at me. But when we looked over at Dom he was pretty much dead to the world.

"Oh my God, Dominic there's a basketball court on fire down the street." Brook screamed.

"Huh? What?!" He yelled, rolling out of bed in a panic but when he saw us sitting there with innocent looking faces he rolled his eyes. "Ugh." He snorted, leaving the room mumbling under his breath.

Having very little time already, we got to work on getting dressed for Homecoming. I hopped in the shower first, washing my hair and only limit my shower time to five minutes tops. So, while Kia showered Ryder and Brook helped me blow dry my hair but when Kia got out I was only assisted by Brook.

Luckily, it didn't take me long to blow dry it I was done by the time it was Brook turn to showered. After I flat ironed it out and styled it in a front quiff; a puff and I'm not talking Snooki puff, one only about one and a half inches high, leaving the rest down in loose spiral curls. Then I added some eye make up, making them have a smoky look to them using a turquoise color to match my dress.

When I finished I helped Brook finish since she was the only one not done, having gone last with the showers. She had already blow dried her hair so I began styling it while Kia did her make up. Her hair was only shoulder length, so it didn't take me long to style.

Finally, we were all finished with hair and make up so we decide it was time to slip on our dresses but since Brook and Kia were shy they did it in private, alone.

Slipping into my dress I struggled pulling up the zipper in the back so I called Ryder over to do it for me since we took the bathroom together. In that time I wasn't trying to look but I notice that she had a tattoo near the tail of her back that she never mentioned. It read 'Hazel Ryder'. I wonder what that means. I didn't ask her about it because she obviously kept it a secret for a reason so I butted out.

When I looked in the mirror I completely couldn't believe that the girl staring back me was actually me, in my form fitting, sweetheart strapless turquoise dress that stopped mid thigh and showed off plenty of leg. It was beaded throughout the bust to the waist line in a V shaped design.

Ryder finally getting my zipper up I turned towards her as she smooth out the imaginary wrinkles on red V neck dress with black lace detail all over.

"Wow Ryder, you look hot." I smiled. "Who knew deep down in this extreme tomboy there actually lives a girl."

"Ha ha." She made a face at me. "Let's see how the virgins are doing." She giggled opening the bathroom door back into my room.

"So, you admit." I gasped. "You're not a virgin."

Her eyes widened as if she said something she didn't mean to. "Another day, another story." She shrugged.

I shook it off.

Opening the door our eyes instantly landed on Kia in a super cute strapless sweetheart neckline featuring an animal print bodice cut off by a pink empire waist band with a huge bow accent. While the white skirt on the dress layered in tulle giving it a nice volume. Just as we walked in my room she was slipping on her nude colored six inch stilettos with a one inch platform, giving her a little height.