Chapter 21

"Emmett said you are very blunt." She smiled but it was dry and didn't reach her eyes.

"Doesn't answer my question."

"I'm not particularly fond of you but I don't not like you. I don't like the idea of you any more than I like the idea of Bella. Although, you seem to have a healthier thought process than she does." She replied.

Ah this all comes down to the being a vampire choice. I can understand her thought process a bit.

"I've got a few years and a baby on Bella, I would hope my thought process would be better." I said, making her smile. "You know, I wanted a baby but not yet. I wanted to finish school, get my residency, finish it, and become a surgeon but life has ways of throwing your plans right overboard." I sighed.

"That's for sure." She chuckled and it was a dark sound.

"I'm not going to ask about it, that's personal and I don't like people digging into my life but whatever it was, you're good now and in a better place. Don't let anyone tell you differently."

"Thank you, you're kinda cool for a . . ."

"You can say it, I'm cool for a fast food meal." I smiled.

"We would ne . . . okay, I see you Valentina." she smiled.

"I know that me being here isn't smart, nor is Bella being here smart but I do care for him, a lot. It's so much and it gets stuck in my chest, right around my heart. I want to say that I don't know what it is, I want to say that I don't know why it is but I do. It's all Emmett. He . . . he's just it." I said, not quite knowing how to express what I'm trying to say. "If things were to end badly for whatever reason, it would come back to bite you in the ass, I get it. It's not in my plans or mindset to tell anyone what I know. Not that anyone would believe me anyway, but still."

"You already had the talk?"

"Yes, at some point I do want to be like you but I'm not in a rush. I want to see my daughter grow up, he understands that. Unless absolutely necessary, it's not going to happen for a couple of years at least."

"I don't . . . when I was human I had everything planned for myself. I was going to fall in love, be romanticized and pampered, get married, have children, and live out my white picket fence life. It sounds boring now but, that was my dream. I wanted a husband who adored me and children to spoil. I met a man, the most eligible bachelor in town and he wanted me. Courted me, showered me with attention, and then at the last minute right before we were to marry, he . . . I was walking home from a friend's house and I found him with some friends. He was drinking and although I wasn't particularly a fan of his drinking, all men deserved to have some fun. My mother told me it was nothing. He grabbed me, at first I thought he was just showing me off to his friends. When he started pawing at me and wouldn't let go I knew he had something much sinister in mind. He and his friends left me there in the street and Carlisle found me. He took me to his home and he saved me." she sighed, her tone dry.

"I . . . Rosalie, I'm so sorry." I muttered, my heart breaking for this woman.

Beauty doesn't equate happiness. Her stoic nature, the barely concealed anger that she carries is all a result of the horror in her past.

"It's okay now, I got my revenge on all of them. Picked them off one by one and left Royce for last so that he knew I was coming. Being the theatrical sort, I wore my wedding dress when I killed him, and yet, I tasted not a drop of blood. This isn't the life that I would've picked for myself, so it angers me when I see others give up the opportunity to have that life. You are older, you already have a child so you understand the implications of giving it up."