Chapter 22

"Oh, before I forget, Alice thanks for the car seat and outfit." I said softly.

"You're welcome!" she shouted.

"Hey, I picked the outfit." Emmett argued.

"Lies!"

"I'm sure you helped her, Em." I smiled.

Rosalie walked down with Ava and had a soft smile on her face.

"She fell asleep." she said.

"How long ago?" I asked.

"Some time." she replied, making me smile.

"I'll go get the car seat to lay her down, Em is the car . . ."

"No need." Alice said, running into the room.

"Let me guess, you already got the car seat?" I smiled again.

"Heaven's no, that would be uncomfortable for her. There's a portable crib in Emmett's old room, I already set it up." she said, taking the baby from Rosalie and placing a monitor on the table next to me.

"How did . . ."

"She sees." Emmett chuckled.

"How do you get used to that?" I asked.

"You don't, it's annoying but she always has everything we need set up ahead of time." he said.

"Pretty helpful if a little unnerving."

We were there until almost 10 pm when I told Emmett it was time to go. I had a really great day here and I know that I'll be back again. Esme invited me back whenever, and all of the girls were sad to see Ava leave. Alice put her back in the car seat with a sad look on her face.

"You can stop by my house whenever you want. Both you and Rosalie whenever you want a baby fix. I'm sure grandma Morgan wouldn't mind." I told her.

"Really?"

"Of course, just let me know when you wanna stop by so I can make sure that I'm home just until grandma gets used to having you around."

"I've met her before, she's super nice." Alice said.

"That she is, it was really nice to meet you all. He talks about you all of the time." I told her.

"Don't tell her that, she'll actually believe it." He argued.

"It was nice to finally meet you too." Alice said.

"Good night." I said, smiling when Carlisle walked out.

"Good night." they said right before Emmett opened the car door for me.

"Hey, how do you feel about spending the night with me?" Emmett asked when he started driving off.

"What?"

"Spend the night with me at my house." he said softly.

"Ava doesn't . . ."

"Alice saw me asking you and set up a portable crib." He smiled.

"I should've seen this coming."

"You should have."

"Sure, I'll stay."

"Great, she even went grocery shopping to make sure you have some things to eat for breakfast." he said, his dimples permanently etched into his smile.

"You're spoiling me and Ava." I complained.

"As is my every intention to do." he said, pulling into the drive of his house.

This is the first time I come back here since he told me the truth. It looks the same and it feels the same but I didn't expect it to. I don't know what I expected but I feel like it should've felt . . . I don't know, different. It feels like Emmett and that feels like home.

"You okay?" he asked, walking in behind me with the car seat.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Where did you say . . ."

"It's in my room."

"I'm gonna need something to change into." I said.

"Yeah, I've got a t-shirt you can wear if you want." he replied, winking at me.

"Behave, my daughter is gonna be in the room."

"I know, come on."

There was a cute little gray and pink playard set up in his room. It had a thick baby mattress with the cutest little flower sheets and a comforter. Alice is forever fashionable, even the baby will sleep in style. After I laid Ava Rae down and wasn't it the cutest thing ever when she just snuggled into the soft mattress under the comforter, I took some pictures to send to Alice.

Emmett gave me a t-shirt of his and I walked into the bathroom to change. He's so damn big that the t-shirt fits me just like pajamas. Hit me about mid-thigh and covered everything it needed to and then some. When I walked out of the bathroom he just groaned and closed his eyes, throwing his head back on his pillow.

"Don't like?" I smiled as I softly padded over to his bed.

"Like too much." he replied, grabbing me by my hips and picking me up to place me on his lap.

I straddled his thighs and pressed my lips against his, feeling his cold hands run up and down my back. It helped me cool down the overheating that was starting and gave me goosebumps.

"Emmett . . ." I sighed when he started to kiss my neck.

"You're too damn alluring." he groaned again but let go of me.

"Em, how dangerous would it be?" I asked, laying down next to him.

"Very . . . I don't know if I could control . . ."

"I trust you, Emmett Cullen." I said, snuggling under the comforter that I know is here for the sole purpose of me avoiding hypothermia.

"I don't trust myself around you like that, I don't know if I . . . if I hurt you, I wouldn't be able to forgive myself." he said, brushing his knuckles over my cheeks.

"We can wait . . . I don't mind." I replied, pulling him down for another kiss.

He growled and pulled the comforter away from me, settling in between my legs as he kissed me until my lips were numb and my brain felt fuzzy. I moved my head to the side when he started kissing my neck to give him better access. For someone who doesn't want to, he sure seems to want to.

"Emmett . . ." I sighed, not that I really want to stop but we should.

"Mmm, you're bad for my will power." he said, rolling his hips against me so I could feel . . . him.

"Em . . ." I softly moaned.

"Very bad." he groaned again, nipping my neck softly before moving over to lay next to me.

"How bad would it be again?" I asked, getting comfortable under the comforter and cuddling up to him.

"I'm not entirely sure anymore." he said.

"Talk to me." I whispered, turning his face so that he would look at me.

"That . . . what we just did . . . I wanted to continue but I wanted to bite into you at the same time. It's not without difficulty but I was able to control myself because it's you. I want you Valentina, more than I should but it's not safe for you." he said, lowering his head to kiss me softly.

"We can still kiss." I smiled at him.

"Yes, I wouldn't miss out on this for anything." he replied.