Chapter 59

"Allie sure missed you." he said.

"We definitely missed both of you here. You go home to your girl, I'm gonna wait for mine to come home." I told him.

"Will do, she'll probably be back later on for an Ava fix." he chuckled.

"Yeah, she's more than welcome to stop by." I smiled.

"Babe, can Rose come by? She wanted me to ask you before just showing up. Esme wants to come by too." Emmett said.

"Of course, they can stop by. I'd love it and I know grandma would love an Esme visit too. I'd really like it if they stopped by."

"I'll let them know. We're gonna catch her, Val. She won't hurt you or Bella or anyone here." Jasper said and then he was gone in a millisecond.

"Okay, it's just me and you now. How are you feeling?" Emmett asked, picking me up and dropping me on the counter.

"I'm scared." I whispered, fighting the tears that started to pool.

"Val, we will protect you, I promise."

"You can't protect everyone, Em, someone's gonna get hurt." I said.

"That won't be you, grandma Morgan, Ava Rae, or Bella. I promise. Do you believe me when I tell you that I would protect you with my life?" he asked.

"I do." I whispered again.

"Good, because I will. I don't quite know what it's going to take just yet but I will protect you and our baby. Nothing will happen to you." he insisted.

"I told Bella and Jacob earlier that I felt like the parent of two teenagers." I smiled. "She said that's because I am and I'm stuck with them."

"You kinda are, the kids are drawn to you." he smiled, cupping my cheeks.

"They're good kids who were dealt a shit hand. We're gonna be okay, right?" I asked as the first tear fell.

"We're gonna be okay, I promise."

"Okay."

"Now come on, Bella told you to go take a hot bath and I agree. Self-care is important and lowering your stress level is to." he said as he carried me upstairs.

He sat me on my bed and walked into the bathroom, making me smile when I heard the water start to run. I walked over and leaned on the doorframe watching him move around my bathroom.

"Don't add that." I told him as he grabbed my favorite bubble bath.

"Why not?"

"I have something else I want to use." I replied as I grabbed the bath salts from under the sink.

Pouring them in, I let the hot water dissolve them before turning to look at the love of my life. He had this small smile on his face and the adoring look in his eyes just made me mush. I stepped closer to him and tugged at his shirt, making him smirk.

"Whacha doin there handsy?" he asked.

"I'm taking your shirt off. Wanna join me?" I asked him, smoothing my hands over his chest under his shirt.

"Val ..." he groaned.

"Can you handle it, Emmett? A little bath with me?" I asked, pulling his shirt until I couldn't and he yanked it off.

"Do you know what ..."

"I trust you, Emmett McCarty Cullen, with my life." I whispered, kissing his chest.

His hands grabbed onto my waist, holding me tightly, his soft pants falling like music on my ears as I unbuckled his belt. I knew he would be big, in my mind I just knew it but I absolutely was not ready for what I felt when I palmed over his boxers after pushing his jeans down. Before I could get rid of his boxers, Emmett picked me up quickly and in a second I was sitting on the bathroom counter with Emmett's lips fused to mine.