Chapter 40

As I showered that night, I thought about Bella and Edward in comparison with myself and Emmett. There's so much that I don't understand about the dynamics of their relationship. I just can't fathom what could make him walk away from her when he swore that he loved her more than anything. She told me that Edward told her, before her birthday, that had she died last summer, when all that mess went down in Arizona, he was going to find a way to die himself.

Listen, first of all, that's toxicity in a relationship if I've ever seen any. My girlfriend dies so I have to die too? That's stupid, it's unhealthy and absolutely ludicrous. On top of that is the fact that he sold this poor girl this false sense of a serious relationship knowing that this was her first relationship. He made her think they were endgame, together forever, I mean ... what the hell? He made this as bad as it is and it's entirely his fault that she's in this mind frame. He sold her a trash love story and then balked on it. What kind of Romeo and Juliet crap is this?

I walked into my room in my underwear and stopped short when I saw Emmett. The look in his eyes was hungry, predatory, and it made my heart race.

"Em ..."

"I ... um, I wanted to surprise you." he said as he walked slowly over to me.

"Yeah ... surprise." I whispered.

"You look ... amazing." he muttered, lowering his head to kiss me.

"Emmett ..."

"Do you trust me?" he asked.

"Yes ..."

He picked me up and laid me on my bed so softly and kissed me until my brain went fuzzy from lack of oxygen. I pulled his shirt off and he let me before kissing his way down my body. His hands moved over my body so softly and I can only imagine the effort he's putting into this. As much as I don't want him to stop, I don't want this to be difficult or painful.

"Emmett ... stop, you don't ... it's okay." I panted as he kissed just over the waistband of my panties.

"Don't worry ... I'm ... I'm in control." he said.

"Em ..."

"Do you want me to stop?" he asked as he pushed my panties to the side and thrust one thick finger into my wetness.

"Emmett ..." I whispered, trying to keep silent.

"I can do this baby, let me pleasure you." he smirked, stopping to pull my panties off before thrusting his finger into me again.

"Emmett ..." I moaned softly.

I felt his fingers and mouth move over me so sinfully and deliciously. I looked down to find him already watching me, my reactions to him, and when we locked eyes it was the most intense thing I've ever felt before.

"So good ... Emmett ..."

For the first time in my life, I saw stars behind my eyelids when I orgasmed. It honestly is the most intense orgasm I've ever had before. Emmett guided me through it, languidly playing my body like an instrument that he's mastered all of his life before moving back up to look at me.

"That ..."

"Was so much better than I ever thought it could be." he smiled, kissing me softly and I tasted myself on his lips.

"Do you want me to ..."

"No, this was for you." he smiled, walking to the bathroom.

"What are you ..."

He walked out with a washrag and cleaned me tenderly. I just watched him walk around my room and as if it hadn't already, my heart just dropped to his feet. I grabbed his shirt and pulled it on, smiling when he did.

"It looks better on you." he smiled, laying down next to me.

"Em ..."

"I wanted to do it and I thoroughly enjoyed it." he smirked, kissing me quickly.

"I did too." I smiled.

"Good, that's all that matters. I wanna ask about Bella but this really isn't the time, so let's watch a movie." he smugly stated.

"Yeah, let's watch a movie." I laughed, cuddling up to his side.

"I love you, Val." he said, cupping my cheek softly.

"I love you too."

"I'll be right back."

"Where are you going?"

"To give Ava a kiss." he smiled as he hopped out of my bed.

This is my life. I'm in love with a vampire who loves my daughter and gives me mind-blowing orgasms out of the blue. What the hell is happening? The whole thing made me chuckle a little because of the sheer absurdity of it all but, this actually is my life. It's a mess but I'm at the point where I wouldn't change it for anything.

Emmett came back to my room a few minutes later and I'm actually surprised he didn't bring her with him. I thought for a second he'd just pluck her right out of the crib.

"I thought about it." he said, making me laugh.

"I was surprised you walked in alone." I smiled.

"Yeah, she was just too cute and completely knocked out. Had she moved even a little, I would've brought her in here."

"She missed you too, it's been a long few weeks." I said, snuggling up to him again.

"I missed you too, both of you. Okay, I'm just gonna ask, how's it going with Bella?" he asked, sighing softly.

"It's going good, she's coming out of her shell a lot more."

"What do you talk about?"

"That's girl stuff." I said, not sure how he would handle it.

"Valentina?"

"I'm trying to show her how to live without him. That she doesn't need him to survive, isn't that what he wanted?"

"I ... I'm not getting involved there." he said.

"Smart man." I smiled, kissing his cheek.

"He made such a mess of things." Emmett sighed.

"He did and she's finally realizing that. She has plans to go see her friends on the reservation." I said, noticing him tense up. "What is it?"

"The reservation isn't ... I don't know if I can tell you." he said.

"Tell me what?"

"I just ... there's a legend on the reservation ..."

"About the shifters, yeah, I heard it when I worked down there. One of the little boys was telling me and Sue filled in the blanks. It really is a great story to tell."

"That's just it Val, it's not just a story." he said and I looked up at him.

"No!"

"Yes."

"The shifters are real?"

"They are."

"Oh my God, I'm the main character of a supernatural love story." I giggled.

"That you are, with your own vampire soulmate." he said, turning to hover over me.

"My hero." I smiled, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"No hero here."

"My hunky vampire hero." I argued, pulling him down for a kiss.

"I kinda like that." he smiled, those beautiful dimples popping out.

"Good, I kinda like you."

"Get some rest, we'll talk in the morning." he said, pulling the blanket to cover me.

"Thank you for coming back." I whispered.

"Look at me, Val. I will never leave you, ever. You and Ava are stuck with me for forever, or however long or forever is."

"I want forever with you Emmett, I just can't ... not right now."

"No rush here." he said, turning the tv on.