Chapter 29

He opened the door and the first thing that hit me was the soft scent of flowers, not that I know which ones. Then I was hit by the room itself. The same gorgeous wood floors as the rest of the house were covered with a large pale pink and white plush rug. The walls are painted the same pale pink that's almost white with just a flush of color. There's a large white dresser that doubles as a changing table against one wall, a very plush-looking rocking chair with a white ottoman sitting on a fluffy white small rug. The crib is painted gold, with pale pink and white sheets, sitting under a gold crown on the wall that has gossamer net falling out and over the crib, with large roses in pink, white, and gold as adornments on the wall.

"Emmett

"Emmett ..."

"Do you like it?"

"It's ..."

"Why are you crying? You hate it? We can change it all up if ..."

I stopped his ranting by kissing him.

"I'm so confused." he muttered.

"I love it and I love you." I sniffled, kissing him again.

"Why are you crying?" he asked, brushing my tears away.

"Because this is beautiful and you did this for my baby but you didn't have to, but you wanted to and it came from your heart. I'm crying because she's the child of another man and you treat her like she's yours and you love her and I love you." I replied.

"You are mine and I am yours and Ava is yours so that means she's mine too. I'm really sorry that she didn't get to have her dad in her life but I want to be that man, that presence. I didn't think ... I thought I lost the chance to have that experience in life. I don't know what I did to deserve it but I got you and I got Ava, I promise you that I will always be here." he said, softly caressing my face.

"I don't know what I did to deserve you, Emmett Cullen, but I am so thankful to have you in our lives."

I got on my toes to kiss him again. He picked me up so I wrapped my legs around his waist and suddenly my back was up against the wall. He started kissing down my neck and in some part of my mind, I know that we have to stop because ... why do we have to stop again?

"Emmett ..."

He stopped and somehow was breathing hard, his forehead pressed against my shoulder as he just started laughing.

"Now I'm confused." I told him.

"You can't possibly know what you do to me." he said, looking up to smile at me.

"I love you, Emmett Cullen." I happily sighed, cupping his face in my hands and kissing him softly.

"I love you too, my girls. I can't wait to bring Ava Rae in here." he smiled super wide.

"You wanna go get her?" I asked.

"Yeah. Hey, what do you think about leaving clothes here for both of you? Not that Ava really needs to bring anything." he said, putting me down and shrugging his shoulders.

"What did you do?"

"I didn't do anything." he chucked, pulling open the closet doors.

"Oh Alice."

I sniffled again as my eyes teared up. The closet is full of the cutest outfits and of course, Alice thought of everything. The sizes range from 6-9 months and about the next 2 sizes up. The girl thinks of everything. Then Emmett pulled the dresser drawers open and of course, they were full as well. I really don't know what to do with her.

"How do I say thank you for all of this?" I asked, wrapping my arms around his waist.

"Enjoy it, let Ava enjoy it. Spend time with us and love me." he replied.

"That sounds like a plan, I can agree to that."

"Let's go get Ava."

"Yeah, let's do that."

He drove us back to my house and it hit me that I think of Emmett's house as my house as well. Chris had this house built for us and I only spend half of my time here. I don't mean it as any disrespect either, I didn't expect to move here and meet someone. I love Emmett though and I love his family and I love the fact that he loves my family.

"Well hello, you two." Grandma Morgan said.

"Hey, grandma." Emmett said, hugging her and kissing her cheek.

The two of them really do adore each other and it makes me so happy to see.

"What are you doing here? I thought it was date night."

"It was but I did something and we wanted to get Ava." Emmett smiled.

"What did you do?" she asked.

"Look." I smiled.

I pulled my phone out and showed her the pictures I took, her smile growing wider by the second.

"Isn't it gorgeous?" I asked.

"Emmett Cullen, you're spoiling them."

"Yes ma'am, that's my job now." he smiled.

"Alright, well, Ava is in the living room. I'll see you in the morning when you drop her off if Esme doesn't insist." she said, winking at Emmett.

"See you."

Emmett walked into the living room and I heard Ava Rae start babbling as soon as she saw him. She's making more noises now and I love to hear it. She loves to spend time with Emmett, Ava smiles so much and laughs so much. He does all of the silly things and noises to make her laugh.