Chapter 63

A few seconds later Emmett walked in as I pulled the sheets down. I knew Ava was asleep and he was just letting us have another moment. I appreciate him.

"Bug? Bear?" he asked, picking me up bridal style before sitting on the bed with me straddling his thighs.

"When I was little I was fascinated with ladybugs and for some reason they always found me. He and Andy decided to look them up and apparently, they mean sheer joy, good fortune, and happy things to come. Both of them started calling me bug after that. Everywhere we went I'd always find one and it would stay with me until I left that area." I said, smiling. "I haven't thought about it in a while."

"Why is he bear?" he asked.

"My big teddy bear. Andy is wolf, he was obsessed with them for a long time. Got a tattoo before he left for the Navy."

"I hope you hear from him soon." he said, brushing his thumb over my cheek.

"So do I."

"Bedtime for the human." he said when I yawned.

"It's been a day." I smiled.

"That it has ... get some rest babe, everyone will be here tomorrow." he whispered, kissing my forehead.

I woke up before my daughter, brother, and grandma, so I decided to cook breakfast for everyone. Emmett was gone to feed I'm sure, if it was something important he would've left me a note. Now that I have this time to myself, I have to think about things. My brother is a Navy Seal, he's going to notice things about Emmett that are easier to hide from a normal human being and Seals are not your average human being. How do I keep my brother distracted enough not to notice the not humanness of Emmett Cullen?

As I made the bacon, I heard a noise and turned to see my brother watching me. He had a small smile on his face and was rubbing a hand over his right shoulder. His nose twitched a little and I knew why he was here, Jeremy has always been a greedy gut.

"It's not finished." I said, turning back to the bacon and flipping the French Toast.

"One piece isn't gonna kill anyone."

"You'll wait until I'm finished." I told him.

"Where's your guy?" he asked.

"Out for a run."

"He's a big guy, definitely not your type." I heard him closer to me.

"Jer ..."

"I'm just making conversation ..."

"Back off." I said, swatting his hand as he tried to grab a piece of bacon.

"Damn! How'd you know?" he asked.

"A mom always knows." I said, smiling when he did because that's what our mom always said.

"Look at the two of you bickering in the kitchen." Grandma Morgan said, scaring both of us. "Ah, I've even got it with a Seal. A mom always knows." she told us, all three of us laughing.

"That they do." Jeremy said, grabbing a slice of bacon.

"Away! Get ... away!" I argued, swatting him with the spatula again.

"Alright, alright, I'm going."

Emmett walked into the kitchen from the back with some sweats on and I just smiled, if you didn't know any better you would think he was just out for a run. Now, Emmett Cullen, in sweatpants is delicious.

"Babe, you got grey ones?" I asked.

"I think so, why?" he asked.

"No! I don't need to hear this! Aghh, trauma!" Jeremy shouted, covering his ears and walking out of the kitchen.

"Do I want to know?" Grandma Morgan asked.

"No! You don't!" he complained.

"I'll give you two a minute." she said.

"Do I want to know?" Emmett asked.

"I'm gonna let you google that one. Also, can I have that hoodie?" I asked, smiling up at him.

"You want it?" he smiled, wrapping his arms around me.

"Yeah."

"What do I get for it?"

"Bartering sex for a hoodie?" I asked, making his eyes widen comically.

"I ... no ... you minx." he chuckled.

"You didn't answer my question."

"I mean ... I'll accept that exchange." he smirked, leaning down to kiss me.

"Alright, mom and dad, I want breakfast." My brother stated, walking into the kitchen with his hands covering his eyes.

"Mom and dad, I like that." Emmett said, smiling big.

"Of course, you would."

We heard the sliding door open and Leah walked into the kitchen, her eyes widening when she saw us standing there.

"I ... uh ... you told me ..."

"You're good, I'm finishing breakfast now. Um, I can't remember if I did this last night but Leah that's my brother Jeremy, Jer that's my friend Leah. Be nice to each other children." I said, making them laugh.

"Nice to meet you." Jeremy said.

"Nice to see you're alive and real, she talks about you a lot. We were debating whether you were real or not." Leah smirked.

"Wait, what?" I asked, turning to look at her.

"Paul said he thought you were making your brothers up." she said, shrugging her shoulders.

"Right ... I'm going to kick his ass." I growled.

"I'd like to see that." she smiled.

"You hungry?"

"Very." she sighed.

"You want a shower?"

"Please."

"Emmett, can you watch this so I can show her where everything is?" I asked.

"Sure, go."

"No picking at the food, there are others here." I told Jeremy.

"Don't worry, I'm watching both of them." Grandma Morgan said, making both men scowl.

Leah followed me but when I looked back at her, she was looking back at my brother and he was watching her. She turned forward and when she saw me looking at her, her cheeks heated up. I just smiled and she poked me so I would continue.

"You wanna use my bathroom or the other one?" I asked.

"Your bathroom if you don't mind."

"Not at all ... you know, my brother asked about you." I said as we walked into my bedroom.

"Did he?"

"Yup, alright, here are towels and there's brand new soap under the sink if you want. Feel free to use my shampoo and conditioner. Thank you, Leah." I muttered.

"Of course, you're a friend who's like family. We'll watch out for you."

"Thanks, by the time you finish I should be done with breakfast. Take your time."

Both guys were just sitting in the kitchen when I came back down. Emmett looked a bit uncomfortable and Jeremy looked smug. My brother the asshat ladies and gentlemen.