Chapter 69

"I can only imagine how many children you would've had if you were still human." I told him.

"Hmm, there would've been a fair few around." he chuckled.

"At least I was able to give you one." I said, looking up at him from my pillow.

"Best gift I've ever been given." he said, leaning down to kiss me.

"If it were possible for vampires to have babies with humans, would you do it?" I asked, the thought just popping into my head.

"What?"

"You heard me, if there were any possibility, would you want to try?"

"I ... I don't know." he said and his response surprised me.

"Why not?"

"Too many unknowns baby, what would that do to your body? Would you even be able to carry a vampire baby? Maybe if there was proof that it was possible and safe I'd think about it. I would absolutely love to see you pregnant with our own baby but I also don't know that I'd put you in that type of dangerous situation."

"If only." I smiled.

"I can and will enjoy practicing with you though."

"I wonder what would happen if I went off my birth control."

"Valentina ..."

"Don't worry, I'm not going to. It's an implant that lasts for three years, I'm not taking it out any time soon unless I absolutely have to."

"What's got you in the momma mood?" he smiled as I got out of bed wearing his shirt as a pajama.

"Seeing you with her, waking up to that picture ... oh, stay there."

I quickly grabbed my phone and took a few pictures of them before going to do my morning routine. Jeremy was already gone, having taken up running every morning now and Grandma Morgan was at the hospital. That woman will breathe her last breath there and nothing no one can say will persuade me otherwise.

"So, what's the plan?" I asked as I made breakfast for me and fed Ava.

"For what?"

"Emmett ..."

"We're gonna try to cut them off at the field before they make it to Forks." he sighed.

"Okay, when is this happening?"

"This weekend. Do you want all of the details?"

"No! No, I don't want any details. I just want this to be over and for all of you to come back safe."

"We can do that."

"What am I doing?" I asked him.

"What do you mean?"

"What are we doing? Grandma Morgan, Ava, Jeremy, and I? Is it safe for us to be here?"

"Oh, yeah, as of right now, everyone thinks it's safe, and having all of you together is better. Alice, Edward, Carlisle, Sam, and the elders believe that the vampires were only here because of Bella's scent." he said.

"And where is Bella gonna be?" I asked.

"I don't know, she was going to decide on what she wants to do."

"Well, I guess that's gonna have to be rushed because she doesn't have much time." I told him.

"I'm sure she'll be here at some point." he said.

"I bet ... you knew that she was here." I smiled when I heard the doorbell ring.

"Yeah, I'll go open." he smiled, kissing me before walking out.