Chapter 35

Emmett's POV

I knew that she wasn't fully asleep when I left but my family is waiting for me. We all knew it was bad, this is something that we worried about and now we're here. After kissing Val's forehead and hoping she fell asleep, I took off running. There was full on silence in the family house and that's not a good indicator at all. When I walked in, the atmosphere was tense, suffocatingly so.

"Where is he?" I asked.

"He's ..."

"10 seconds away." Alice said.

Edward walked into the house and his stress was noticeably visible in his posture.

"What happened tonight was ..."

Honestly, I tuned out most of his monologue about how Bella's safety was paramount and tonight's events showed him just how fragile and bla, bla, bla. I tuned back in after some very specific words were uttered.

"You want to what?" I asked more in shock than surprise.

"We should leave Forks." he said matter of factly.

"You want to leave Bella?" Alice asked.

"It's the best for her, it'll be the best for her safety." he tersely replied.

"You're planning on leaving your mate?" Carlisle asked for clarity.

"Can you do that?" Esme asked.

"With difficulty but it's best if we do that."

"Best for who?" I growled.

"Emmett ..." Esme started.

"You saw what happened tonight, both of them were put in danger ..."

"Because you overreacted! Had you not thrown her back into the glass, it would not have been such a big problem." I argued.

"What are you saying?" Edward angrily asked.

"That you made tonight's events happen. Your overprotection of her, you shoved her into a pile of glass plates ..."

"Your mate stood in front of a blood lusting vampire! What would've happened if Rosalie hadn't of pulled her out of harms way?" Jared asked.

"You're okay with leaving?" I turned on him.

"We should've left already." he said.

"Rose?" I asked her.

"I don't want to leave her." she told Jared.

"You don't even like either of them, you just want to be around the baby." Jared told her.

"That's not fair." she argued.

"Do you see what you're doing?" Edward asked me.

"Me? You want me to leave my mate because you don't know how to handle being around yours! I won't do it, I'm not leaving Valentina and Ava." I stated, knowing that for a fact.

"Emmett, think rationally. You're not gonna grow older and she will." Jasper said but I could read the sadness in his eyes.

"Alice?" I asked her.

"I don't see Emmett leaving." she said.

"What are your thoughts on this?" I asked.

"I love them both, all three of them. I don't want to leave." she said softly.

"Allie, it's the best for their safety and you know it." Jasper said.

"Is it really though? Is it the best or is it just Edward's best? Do you really even love her if you're so willing to walk away?" I asked and he bared his teeth at me.

"That's enough." Carlisle said, quickly standing in the middle of the two of us.

"I won't leave my mate and you cannot make me." I growled.

"Think this through." Carlisle said softly.

"You all can leave and do as you please, don't worry about me. I'm staying by my mate's side, I won't make her feel the way you're about to make Bella feel." I stated.

"Carlisle ..." Edward said.

"Is this really the best choice? Can you stay away from her?" Carlisle asked.

"I have to, it's the best thing I can do for her. A clean cut, it'll be like we were never here to begin with." he said.

"Do you even care about what that's going to do to her?" I asked him.

"Of course I do! She'll get over me and move on with her life." he stated and all of us could see the pain flashing in his eyes.

"All of you are okay with this?" I asked them.

"Can't you see you're dividing the family?" Edward angrily asked.

"No, I made a choice for myself without letting you and your fears influence said choice." I easily replied.

"Edward, please think about this. About what you're doing to yourself and to her." Alice pleaded with him.

"It's for the best, my suffering is nothing if it means that she's safe." he stated.

"What about Val and Ava?" Rosalie asked.

"What about them?" Edward asked.

"You're only worried about Bella! What about Valentina and Ava? They're a part of this family too." she argued.

"You only want Valentina around so you can have access to her baby." he stated.

"Contrary to both of your beliefs, I actually like her and consider her a friend. All of our decisions are always based on your influence, what if we don't want to leave?" she asked.

"Rosie, it's for the best. You saw what almost happened." Jared insisted.

"She put her life on the line to try and protect you Jasper, to keep you safe. And now you're quick to say let's go."

"Are you happy now?" Edward asked me.

"No, it's not my intention to make anyone argue or cause any degree of stress on my family unlike you. I'm choosing me and my mate, my little family. You've made your choice." I said.

"You're really staying?" Alice asked.

"Yes."

"You can do as you wish, the only thing I ask is that you steer clear of Bella." Edward said.

"I can do that. She doesn't know where I live."

"When do you want to leave?" Carlisle asked Edward.

"As soon as we can." he said before walking away.

"Emmett ..." Esme started.

"I'm sorry that we're separating again but I can't lose her. I won't walk away from her." I told her, hugging her tiny frame.

"I'm proud of you." she said softly.

"Keep in touch." I told her.

"Em, give them lots of hugs for me." Alice sadly said.

"And for me." Rose added.

"I'll give Ava lots of love." I said, hugging both of them.

"You're being selfish." Jared said.

"You hurt her feelings, you know. She didn't want to show it but you did, I won't forget that. Also, I'm not being selfish, he is by demanding we all leave because he can't handle the repercussions of his actions."

"Jared, stop it." Rose said.

"I'm going home, I don't want anyone else arguing because of my decisions. Let me know if you need me for anything." I told the girls.

"We will. Go, give both of them lots of love for us." Esme smiled sadly.

"I will, I'll talk to you in the morning." I told them.

Without saying anything else to my brothers, I walked out and ran home. When I walked into my bedroom, Val was sitting up and looking worried.