Chapter 44

I know for a fact that she won't cry because Ava Rae is a happy morning baby but Emmett likes to be in there as soon as she wakes up. He lost his chance at having a biological baby but now he has Ava and I know that he would've been the best dad to his babies. At least now, he has Ava and the love is mutual.

"Good morning beautiful girl." I heard over the monitor and my heart just crumbled in the best way. "You're going to the beach today ... no boys allowed. Hmm, it's sparkly, I know, yes ..."

I just listened to him talk to her for a couple of seconds more before I heard them coming through my door. Both of them had such big smiles on their faces that it made my heart ache in a beautiful way. Chris didn't get the chance to have all of the time with Ava but she's been blessed to have another paternal figure in her life. We would've been fine on our own but having him here with us is just so much more special.

"Are you wearing a bikini?" Emmett asked me.

"No, just a t-shirt and some shorts. I don't trust the waters there, I just wanna make sure that Ava has a good time. It gives me a reason to put her in a tiny baby bikini." I smiled. "She's standing up now, so maybe we'll walk to the edge of the water but that's about it for me."

"Babe, please ..."

"I know Emmett, be careful. I don't know who the shifters are but I'll keep an eye out and keep my distance." I said.

"Thank you."

Ava had her breakfast and then I had mine before we changed. I changed her into the cutest little two-piece, strapless red ruffle top with a little bow, the bottoms were white with a large rose pattern, and it brought a headband with a bow on it with the same print from the tiny bikini bottoms. I changed into some black jean shorts and a gray cami, with black sandals. Cute and casual.

"No! No, no, no, she's too uncovered." Emmett said when he saw Ava.

"Look at this! She's so cute!" Grandma Morgan exclaimed.

"That's too much skin." Emmett complained.

"She looks adorable." I smiled.

"I'm getting outnumbered." he pouted.

"You sound like such a dad." Grandma Morgan said and that made Emmett's smile reappear and double in size.

He was very careful to avoid any direct sunlight in front of Grandma Morgan. Thankfully she left right after we all had that aha cuteness moment with Ava. Emmett is prolonging us actually leaving and I know why, I just am not paying much attention to it.

"Em, babe, we're leaving." I told him.

"Fine." he pouted, making Ava hit his cheeks softly.

"I've gotta go pick Bella up and then we're going to the reservation. I promise I won't be there all day and we'll be safe." I smiled.

"That's all I can ask for. Go have some fun in the sun." he suddenly smiled brightly.

"What's that about?"

"A surprise." he said.

"No more surprises."

"You can't stop me." he chuckled, kissing me quickly and slapping my ass.

"Emmett!"

"Just like that baby." he smirked and I could feel my cheeks heat up.

"We're leaving."

"I'll see you later."

I put a dress on Ava to cover her up a little and grabbed her baby bag. The drive to Bella's house was short and miraculously it was still hot. I'm surprised at this random 60-degree weather so we're taking full advantage of it.