Chapter 31

"Oh dear God. What have you done?" I asked.

"Some more stuff for her nursery." Rosalie smiled.

"Clothes and age-appropriate toys, the puzzle soft mats for her to start moving around on the floor, and a couple of other things." Esme added.

"She's going to be so spoiled." I sighed, smiling at the woman.

"She's already spoiled." Esme smiled. 0a

"Where is she?" Rose asked.

"Watching TV with Emmett in his room."

"He's hiding her." Rose pouted.

"I am!" he said loud enough for me to hear.

"Don't make me go back there." Rose said.

"She's mine and I don't want to share." He said.

"Esme, I love the nursery. It's so gorgeous! Ava Rae already had her first nap there." I told her, hugging her.

"I'm happy that you like it. Emmett just wanted her to have her own space here to be comfortable. We all want that." She said.

"Emmett ..."

"Babe, just bring her out." I giggled.

"You're no help." He grumbled when he walked out of the bedroom

"There she is! Look at you sweetie." Rose muttered, taking Ava from Emmett.

"I'm going to put this stuff away." Esme said, taking the bags.

"Emmett, she's gonna be so spoiled." I sighed, pressing my head to his chest.

"We won't let that happen." He chuckled.

"I love you, Emmett Cullen." I smiled, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"I love you more." he smiled back, kissing me quickly.

"Oh, the two of you are just so cute." Esme smiled.

"You sound like Grandma Morgan." I chuckled.

"Me and her have to get together and plan lots of wonderful things. Ava Rae's birthday is coming up soon and ..."

"Esme, she's only 7 months." I argued.

"That's more than enough time to plan a wonderful birthday. We can invite some of her little girlfriends from daycare and it'll be the cutest thing ever." she insisted.

"Am I going to win this argument at all?" I smiled.

"No." the three of them said.

"You should be fine as long as Esme plans. If you let Alice do it, it'll be the largest birthday ever." Rosalie said, swaying with Ava.

"Oh, no, that won't do." I sighed.

"It will be small, I promise." Esme said.

"That works for me." I said, knowing that arguing is a lost cause.

"You don't have to if you don't want to." Emmett insisted.

"It's okay babe, really." I told him.

"I ... I don't want to seem pushy." Esme quickly said, appalled at the inference.

"No, not pushy at all. In all honesty, it was only the two of us for a while and then grandma Morgan, it's a little difficult for me to let the reins loose." I admitted.

"Sweetie, you have a family. Albeit a very non-traditional family, but a family nonetheless." Esme said, patting my hand.

"She loves you all." I smiled.

"And we love her too." Rosalie smiled.

"You know, we never thought we'd get a chance to have a baby in this family so having Ava Rae here is very ..."

"Entertaining." I suggested.

"I ... uh, yeah." she said.

"It's very nice for me to have her around more people too. I kept her a little sheltered after her father died and that wasn't good for her. It's definitely not a garden variety family but no family is perfect."

"Thank you, for letting us be a part of your family." Rosalie said.

"Okay, you can't cry and why would you when the two of you look like you should be gracing the cover of every possible magazine, but I do and I have the worst ugly cry. You're all welcome and thank you for accepting me into your family, I know it wasn't easy."

"You're easily more acceptable than Bella." Rosalie said.

"Rose ..." Esme scolded.

"I really do love the nursery, it's perfect." I told them.

"I managed to keep them both controlled. This was about to be as big as the house if I let Alice plan the whole thing." Rose said.

"Alright, give her here." Esme smiled as brightly as a person could.

"Only because it's you." Rose said.

"So, now that you mentioned Bella. How are they doing?"

"Prom was interesting to say the least." Rosalie said.

"Why do you say that?"

The two of us sat down and she enjoyed telling me all about it. It's fun to see her enjoy herself a little. She's not a normal woman by any means, but the small things make her happy and I'm glad to be a part of that in some measure.