91 | Sucked in

Thank you @amone.de.beer_ for this cozy poster!

Have you voted?  Here's a virtual fist bump if you did :)  And now, let's get... sucked in...

Chapter 91: Sucked in

There were so many ways this could go down and none of them were good.

It was a bad situation to begin with. The threat of being expelled was hanging over all our heads... and that was before my mom appeared with her new boyfriend.

Before Luke's parents came in with daggers for eyes.

And before Roland Chadwick Senior walked through the door.

No, Roland Chadwick Senior didn't walk. He confidently strolled in wearing a sleek navy suit, white pocket square and silver cufflinks to match his watch. His assistant hurried after him, juggling a briefcase in one hand and phones in the other.

My head rotated away from Roland Chadwick... to Austin Taylor... and then to Cearra Akil...

Oh.

Holy jumping father of a weasel in a fancy side-car with chocolate spread and a ho-

"Principal Lee will see you in her office now," the receptionist announced.

Why did she make it sound like we were in 50 Shades? I wonder if she reads the-

"Ow!" I complained as my mom tugged my earlobe.

"Why has the school called me here?! What have you done?!" she hissed in my ear, before letting go when noticing Cearra's mom glance worriedly over at us.

Nothing about this situation was relaxing. Except for the gentle typing sounds the school receptionist was making on her computer. She seemed so calm over there.

The two Chads led the way to the Principal's and Austin veered off after them with his backpack raised over his face.

What was he doing?

I rubbed my pained ear and watched Luke's family as they walked past. We kept our distance from them, and I'm sure they were delighted to do the same.

Luke looked back.

"Uh," I glanced at my mom's boyfriend who was following us, "Is he coming?" I whispered to my mom.

I don't even know his name.

"Why else do you think Doz is here?" she snapped at me, "It's like you only have two brain cells banging about in there."

OK, now I know his name.

I looked over at Doz and he looked back at me. No comment. So I walked towards the principal's office. Maybe my last trip as a non-expelled student in this high school.

Maybe I should start thinking about what my tombstone would say.

**

The Principal's office had a bunch of plaques on her wall with quotes about discipline and creativity and progress... like a tamer version of a meme page.

I almost tripped over my own feet as I stared at the walls. I've never been in here before. There were several chairs which were already taken by the time I sheepishly walked in.

I knew this situation was already bad, I couldn't bear to think what our parents would do to make it worse. The door opened behind me and I stepped out of the Principal's way.

Principal Lee walked into her office and shut the door behind her, "Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedules to come here today."

Well, it wasn't really a choice.