102 | Tremble

Thank you @Frissonsmiles for the steamy posters.  And thank you to @bookswithmonica and @xx_.queenieee._xx for the PND tiktoks! <3

Chapter 102: Tremble

It was so late that it was morning. We were tired but wide awake, the only two in the lake house beside the forest.

I was sitting barefoot on the fuzzy carpet with my back against the beige couch. Luke was standing over by the fireplace, having just thrown more wood into the fire.

The sound of the flames licking dry wood was almost rhythmic.

I tried not to stare at Luke, feeling myself so attracted to him, but he made it hard to react any differently.

He wanted tonight to be the night. No distractions.

I stared at him. Black jeans and a black bomber jacket that had a white ring circling the shoulders. He shrugged the jacket off, and I heard it slide to the floor. I didn't see it, because my eyes were on his face. My breath was hitched in my throat as I watched him walk towards me, wondering what he was going to do.

He raised his hand and unclasped the watch from his wrist.

I heard it clatter on the coffee table, but, again, I didn't see it.

His body towered over me and blocked the view of the fireplace behind him. The cabin that had been so cold when we first arrived, now felt like it was burning hot. I leaned back. I was burning up in a hoodie that I couldn't take off. Or maybe I could. I didn't know which way to move.

"Don't be nervous," Luke whispered, tantalizingly close to my lips, "I've barely touched you."

He crouched down to the ground in front of me and that sent my heart racing. His right hand against my neck, his fingers wrapped in my hair, and he lightly pressed down. My neck was exposed as he leaned down to kiss it.

I sat back and guided his hands to pull my hoodie up. I wondered how it felt for him to be taking his own clothes off my body. I wish I had worn something sexier than a gray shirt underneath. Luke didn't waste time. He slowly took the shirt off me and the small pile of my clothes on the floor was growing.

I shivered from being so undressed and instinctively covered my arms over my bra.

**

~Luke's POV~

She was so nervous. I could see the goosebumps on her smooth skin. She was watching my every move and her skin shivered under my touch.

I didn't want her to feel so shy with me.

I stared down at her hands trying to cover her blue bra, but failing to cover much. It was tempting. I looked up at her dilated pupils and smiled at her. She was adorable.

I knew I had to work over the trust issues she's accumulated over the years. But I was willing to work for it... to show her that she shouldn't be afraid. There's nothing scary about our bodies touching. It's natural.

"Don't be tense, Minnie."

She scoffed back at me, "How? I'm sitting here in my bra and you're fully dressed."

"If that's the problem," I smirked, needing no further encouragement. I pulled my shirt over my head and threw it to one side.

I saw her blush as she stared at my chest. I resisted the urge to look down and see if my abs were showing today. I flexed, just in case.

She was watching me, sitting on my knees shirtless, while I waited for her. She could jump my bones any day she wanted to. And I wanted to encourage her to be bold.