49 | It's cold

Thank you @amsterdam_.1996 for putting one of my favorite quotes in the series into a poster. 

I've posted the other posters she made on my IG @NatalieInACorner if you want to check out her creativity :)

Chapter 49: It's cold

Day one of winter break and I was on a mission.

Austin was pacing back and forth in Luke's living room. Rain was pattering down on the windowpane outside, but we were warm in here.

Mrs Dawson had come in earlier looking for Luke. She then returned with an 'aromatherapy reed diffuser' - whatever that means. It smelt good though.

It sat on the coffee table next to glossy fashion book covers and a mason jar of matcha tea latte. They were all clues that pointed to Luke's sister being home for the holidays.

"I think I'm ready," Austin said, inhaling as part of a breathing exercise I just googled.

We had spent the last ten minutes rehearsing his lines.

"Showtime?" I asked, wanting to double check before I made the call.

At that moment, Luke jogged down the staircase in black sweatpants that hung loosely around his hips. His upper torso was bare and on full display. I tried not to stare but he caught my gaze and smirked.

I really hope he put more clothes on before I can't control myself... and before I turn this next moment into a non-PG scene.

Poor Austin.

Austin fist pumped the air to motivate himself and said, "OK, make the call Millie."

"Oh-kay," I started pressing random buttons on my phone, while my eyes were very much still focused on shirtless Luke.

Luke walked towards the couch and picked up the hoodie he left there. I watched in disappointment as he pulled it over his broad chest and covered his abs.

"I wish I had a fake moustache," Austin sighed, getting distracted by his own thoughts.

I was still distracted by Luke. His hoodie was classic black and tapered around his waist. 

"Why?" I asked, struggling to pay attention to the mission.

"A fake moustache would really help me get into character," Austin replied.

Luke interrupted us, "You should make that call, Minnie, before he gets into character."

I squeezed my phone and almost turned it off by accident. I needed to pull myself together. The more flustered I got, the more confident he got.

It probably even turned him on, the jerk-

"Why do I feel like I shouldn't be in the room?" Austin asked us both, "Isn't this supposed to be about me?"

"Break a leg," Luke tapped Austin's shoulder as he strolled out of the living room.

I tried not to watch his retreating form. He pushed open the kitchen door and stepped inside to get food. I looked down at my phone, found Cearra's phone number and clicked call.

Cearra was expecting my call so she was already next to her mother when she picked up. "Hello?"

I handed the phone to Austin, with Cearra on speaker.

"Hellooo!" Austin projected into the phone with great enthusiasm and an odd accent, "This is Sir Roland Chadwick the Second!"

Sir?