96 | Haggler

The comments on Flora's POV had me rolling. Thank you @daddormz for this beaaautiful poster. The scenery is just *chefs kiss*

Please vote!

Chapter 96: Haggler

~Luke's POV~

I was waiting for a watermelon head to come back with my girlfriend. I was also waiting on a phone call that would give me the name of the blackmailer.

I hate waiting.

I've never been good at it.

Austin exhaled in a puff of smoke, "Why is Bianca sending me basketball emojis?"

He lowered the joint in his fingers and raised his phone closer to his face instead.

"Isn't it funny how a basketball looks so much like a halo?" Austin mused, high as a kite, "But if Bianca is an emoji she'd be the opposite of a halo don't you think?"

I wasn't paying attention anymore. I was trying to face my problems for once, but Austin decided to get high.

"A carrot!" Austin exclaimed, tapping the same spot on his phone multiple times.

I could only guess he was sending Bianca a bunch of carrot emojis.

All I wanted was to get Millie on the phone so we could talk. Instead, I was here with Tweedledum and-

My phone started to ring and I saw caller ID: Bianca.

Tweedledee.

My patience snapped. I grabbed Austin's phone out of his hand and chucked it onto the kitchen counter behind us.

It took Austin an insanely long time before his delayed reaction came. "Hey!"

"Stop talking to her. I'm not interested in hearing Bianca right now," I said.

He looked up at me with the most confused expression, "Why is she trying to reach you?"

"She wrote some comment about puppies and the school's gone crazy with it," I said, really bored of Bianca's antics.

I've ignored her and she's now trying to go through Austin.

"I guess that explains the basketball emojis," Austin nodded, as if that made perfect sense.

It didn't.

We've been through this before. Bianca's been protective of our friendship, but I've made it clear that I'm defensive of my relationship. And if she doesn't figure that out, then there won't be a friendship to protect.

**

"Millie, where are you?" I asked, finally receiving her call.

While I spoke to her, I glanced over at Austin who was trying to stealthily get to his phone.

"I'm with Jake," she said, "He found someone online who's selling a guitar at a cheap price, so we're in Alpine. Strangely, Lara and Chris are here too."

I'm with Jake. Her words felt like chalk on a blackboard.

"When are you free?" I asked, focusing on the only thing I cared about.

"Aren't you curious about Lara being here? I find it so odd-"

"I just want to talk to you. Give me a time and a place."

"We're going to Jake's performance after this."

"That's an easy one to skip."

"Luke! This means a lot to your brother-"