TWO

Word Count: 2020

I stare at myself in the mirror, admiring my clothing.

I'm in. I'm finally in.

This moment has been meticulously planned out for over a year now. From the moment I conceptualised this, I would never have imagined I would actually be standing inside Alpha Isaiah's manor, the perfect place to slowly dismantle his reign without anyone determining it's me.

Twisting my ankle around, I test my limp. Last night, it took a lot of grimacing and general convincing for the nurse to determine my ankle is merely twisted, and nothing more. I've been working on this performance all week.

Nothing can go wrong.

This isn't my first time meeting Alpha Isaiah, although I doubt he remembers the first time. This time meeting him is different. My impression of him this time is different. He's been kind, attentive and gentle.

Nothing like the man we have been plotting against for many months.

Shaking my head, I muster a calm breath. Remember why you are here. Remember what has been given up for you to do this.

Our rebellion against the Alpha started a year ago. Our influence has grown, but recently we trimmed some who have been undecided to ensure this mission would be successful. Everyone is relying on me to pretend to be someone I'm not. My name is Avia. Not Kenna. But Isaiah doesn't need to know that.

My goal here is simple. To gain Isaiah's trust, and get enough information to bring him down.

As much as I would like to, I can't kill him. Doing so would only have him replaced with a more vile man. Instead, we need the kind of information that can turn even his most loyal supporters against him. Something that makes him vulnerable, not fit to be a good Alpha, because right now, some still see him as a charming, powerful Alpha. x

I just wish this mission wasn't about to sacrifice my dignity.

There is no way I'm going to be able to get close to him without him trusting me, which isn't going to be easy. So instead of trying to be his friend, I'm going to try to be his lover. If the rumours are true, that won't be hard at all.

And it starts right now.

Pressing my hands over my body, I admire the sheer night dress I smuggled in with my backpack. It's definitely inappropriate, my lavender coloured panties partially visible beneath the silken fabric, looking provocative, but not overtly naked. I'm hoping he comes to the door and sees me, that it's the first seed I can plant in his mind.

None of the possible outcomes are certain, but we have spent so long trying to take Isaiah's reign down, that this may be the last option we have left.

A knock on the door makes me flinch.

Mustering as much courage as possible, I approach the door, knowing that once I open it, the real mission is going to start. Not only do I have to lure him into being attracted to me, but I have to convince him that my name is Kenna, and that I come from the Love Pack.

Our forces managed to intercept the real Kenna's car on her way here. She's the daughter of a Noble in the Love Pack, and is coming here to make Isaiah look good, since his reputation is severely damaged. My family is from the Love Pack, so it made sense for me to pretend to be her, while she is detained back with the rest of the rebels.

I'm relying on Isaiah having no idea what this Kenna girl looks like. She isn't exactly well known through the Packs, so I'm also hoping no one knows what she looks like through the Passion Pack.

I open the door, seeing Isaiah standing there.

"Isaiah. Good morning," I say, trying to act surprised, like I didn't expect him to show up at the door of my room this early in the morning.

Even though I can't stand Isaiah for everything he has done to me, I can't help but be momentarily breathless looking at him. You can hate all you want, but it's impossible to deny Isaiah is one of the most attractive looking men that anyone may lay their eyes on in their life.

His hair is obsidian black, swept back in an unkempt, distressed way. The odd curl of hair rains down across his forehead and temples, aiding in the effortlessly handsome appearance that makes him so irresistible to the public.

That's why Isaiah is so dangerous. People love him because he is beautiful, not because he is a good leader.

His eyes are a dark, almost black green, framed by thick ebony lashes. The smile on his face vanishes as those eyes rove over me, the slightest crease between his eyebrows suggesting a half naked women is the last thing he expected to see when he opened my bedroom door.

"I thought I would escort you to breakfast," he murmurs distractedly.

"I apologise for being indecent. Give me a moment," I breathe, closing the door.

Pressing my back against it, I allow myself to take a deep breath. That wasn't meant to be so challenging. I should have no issue pretending to seduce Isaiah, pretending to be in this position. I hate him, and want the worst for him.

Yet something about that makes my stomach churn. Maybe it's because he's far more attractive than I could have ever imagined, and suddenly I'm doubting my own abilities to seduce him. What if he laughs me off? What if he wants nothing to do with me and this entire mission fails?

Remember why you're here, Avia.

Quietly I change, pulling a more modest outfit over my body, hoping Isaiah considers what he saw to be an accident, and nothing more. Still, it compliments my light blue eyes and brunette hair. I look purely Love Pack.

Opening the door, I smile meekly at Isaiah, not having to fake my flushed cheeks. He looks over me once again before he returns my smile, nodding his head down the hallway, having me fall into step beside him.

"Maybe now would be a good time to tell you who I am, really," Isaiah murmurs as we walk, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Oh?" I comment warily.

"I'm the Alpha of this Pack. I can imagine that will likely either strike one out of the two usual opinions people have about me," he sighs, hopping down the stairs a few strides in front of me.

I consider my next answer, not wanting to reveal too much. "That you're hideously rich, proud and...handsome."

If I didn't live in this Pack, then that would be an assumption I would have about him, with good reason. Maybe I would have seen him on the television and thought he was handsome. Living here is an entirely different story. My perspective on him is far darker, more sinister and full of hatred.