THREE

Word Count: 1762

~Avia

It didn't take me long to debrief everyone on what happened.

They figured that if I was alive, everything had gone to plan, which it had. So much of this has been meticulous thought out, and yet so much of it working out is up to chance. We doubted many people in the Passion Pack know about Kenna, which is why we chose her...She also happens to look a lot like me, which is why I was picked to enter the estate in the first place.

I'm also most willing to give myself up to prison. I've committed enough crimes against this Pack that I can't go back into society with my real name anyway.

"Let me see her," I say, getting anxious sitting too long at the table, pouring out all the details to Malin, my friend and part leader of this rebellion. Only part, because I am also a leader...We are in this together, her and I.

Malin sighs, getting to her feet. The transfer of diverting Kenna's transport and replacing me in that spot with her was a complicated process, and one that happened too quickly for me to get a chance to speak to her. She was sedated anyway. Even though this was my idea, guilt has been gnawing at me since it happened. I never wanted to put the poor girl in any harm, but for this to work, sacrifices have to be made.

A voice sounds from the other corner of the room, an all too familiar figure emerging from the shadows. "You don't want to greet your boyfriend first?"

I push up from my chair, smiling at the taunting tone in Kadrick's voice. Him and I have only been together for a few months, having met when Malin and I recruited him to be in our rebellion. He comes from a wealthy family, one who grew to resent when he found out about those in poverty being displaced in order to keep the rich in their homes.

It took no convincing at all to have him recruited. He has joined a force of many here...There are unspeakable amounts of rebellions throughout the Passion Pack, all with the intention to take Alpha Isaiah and his cold reign down.

And although we are not the largest, we are the closest in succeeding in that goal.

"I'm sorry," I breathe, letting him envelop me in his arms, fluffy brown hair brushing against my forehead as I rest it in the crook of his neck. "I'm exhausted already."

Parting with Kadrick has been one of the hardest aspects of taking on this mission. He has told me he is okay with me seducing the Alpha, knowing that it will lead to him being taken down, but I know it bothers him. I can add it to my list of things to feel guilty about.

"You're doing the right thing," Malin assures from beside me.

I tilt my head toward my best friend. She is the strongest woman I know, having been through far more than she is willing to share with me or anyone. Her and I lived in the same neighbourhood when the Alpha sent a group of soldiers to our homes to burn half of them down, all because we refused to leave. Her family all perished in the fires...

"I would say he seems nice, but I suppose everyone with a secret does," I mutter, running my hand back through my hair. "Until you find out the truth."

Even though he has the essence of the Alpha written all over him, Isaiah has been uncannily nice, to the point I have had to remind myself of what my mission is.

Malin shrugs, shoulders brushing against the straight edge of her dark hair. "Well, you know who he is, and what he has done."

"Where is she?" I question, slipping from Kadrick's grasp. I want to see Kenna...the real Kenna.

Malin nods for me to follow, so I do, entering the familiar hallways of the compound I have spent the last couples years. Kadrick follows, as he usually does. He is still unsure of how to handle Malin's authority, her no-nonsense character. It's the only reason she is able to do something like this and be so unfazed about it. She would never have been able to do the mission...She would have walked straight up to Isaiah and slit his throat, regardless of the consequences.