FIFTEEN

Word Count: 1564

~Avia

It's been a whole day, and Kadrick is gone.

Earlier, I woke, walking out my room to see he has been replaced with another man, far older, although looks equally as physically capable. Surprisingly, it didn't unnerve me. This is what we wanted, for Isaiah to get jealous, and with Kadrick out of here, it means one less thing to worry about.

Isaiah wasn't around for most of the day, tending to business elsewhere, and missed dinner. Now that it has fallen dark, my curiosity has lead me outside, after stalking through most of the manor trying to find him. I'm here for a reason, and it isn't to avoid him.

Sure enough, he's outside sparring with Zire. My impression of the Alpha before coming here was not that he enjoyed any physical pursuits as brutal as fighting. They don't exactly beat each other to a pulp, but it's by no means playful

They don't notice as I approach across the formal law toward them, shoes damp from the dewy grass.

The way they fight is mesmerising. They dodge and move around each other, familiar with their movements, each uniquely graceful and fluid. I wince each time they strike each other, knowing both men are well built enough for their hits to hurt.

Hearing my footsteps, Isaiah turns.

"Kenna, everything okay?"

Taking advantage of Isaiah's distraction, Zire lurches forward and strikes him right in his stomach. Isaiah gasps, leaning forward, clutching the abdomen that Zire just knocked all the air out of.

Zire grins, wiping at blood gathering below his nose, a similar colour to his hair. "Distracted, Alpha?"

Isaiah glares at his second in command, straightening. Smothering my smile behind my hand, I admire how beautiful the two of them look under the moonlight, sweat gleaming off their solid chests. If I didn't hate Zire so much, I would consider complimenting him, although Isaiah catches my eye the most.

"Couldn't sleep?" Isaiah asks, adjusting the gloves tightly covering his hands.

"No, not really," I shrug, shoving my hands in my pockets. I don't bother bringing up the fact that I spent the last hour trying to locate him. "You guys fight out here a lot?"

"Had to blow off some steam," Isaiah admits, glancing at Zire, who merely shrugs, his smirk glittering in his eyes.

I narrow my eyes. "My personal guard never showed up."

Zire clears his throat, turning to look out toward the forest that borders the back of the property, like something just caught his attention. Isaiah doesn't look embarrassed, or wary. In fact, a faint hint of anger simmers in his eyes, the same shade as the forest Zire stares at.

"I fired him," Isaiah responds quietly.

"Isaiah doesn't like the idea of you having sex with someone that isn't him," Zire cuts in. Not afraid to taunt his friend. I bite the edge of my lip, trying not to smile in triumphant, glad Kadrick's presence had the desired effect.

"Actually, I figured you have a job to do here, and maybe you should concentrate," Isaiah corrects, glaring at Zire, who only chuckles.

"Interesting excuse."

"We are done here Zire, I will see you in the morning," Isaiah hisses, the demand in his tone leaving no room for argument.

Zire sighs theatrically, running his hands back through his sweat soaked hair. I'm curious as to why Zire hasn't told Isaiah about how I threatened to kill him, in a moment of weakness. Maybe he truly is entertained by me, or perhaps he has told Isaiah, and nothing has come of it. Either way, I don't trust him.