♧Chapter 2♧

《Fayd's POV》

After praying my morning prayers, I left the mosque for home but bought a flower before driving off. I took the familiar path then stopped infront of the massive gate before the gate man opened for me.

I greeted my parents as soon as I arrived then searched around the sitting room for Husnah.

"Asallamu alaikum Fayd," mom tagged my sleeve bringing my attention back to her.

"Wallekumusallam," I glanced around causing her to pinch my ear.

"Are you too eager to see Husnah that you can't greet your parents properly," she scolded.

"Mom thats not-" she cut me off.

"Ok go to her now..I didn't know you no longer need me," she pushed me sadly then hugged my dad.

"Oh dont be like that," dad backed me up, "you know Fayd's excited to see Husnah. She's like a sister he never had."

Well there're wrong there, because I'm in love with Husnah but since its not right to be like that towards someone whose not your wife, my parents think I see her as a sister.. but I can't help with my feelings so...

"Ok go see her," mom brought me out of my thoughts, "I think she's waiting for you in the back yard." they smiled before setting off to the dining room while I went outside.

The morning wind blew my face no sooner had I opened the door then I saw a glimpse of her brown hair that she'd dyed burgundy at the end while she sat on the bench in our back yard causing bliss to bubble inside me.
I hid the rose flower behind my back and tiptoed towards her. Husnah is an orphan whom my parents brought home when I was seven years old. I heard them conversing that she was the daughter of a family friend who passed away in a fatal accident but since childhood I think I fell for her although my parents consider their daughter thus my sister.
I'm twenty six years old now.

"Yeah...tomorrow...ok
..I love you too," she said on the phone and I halted.. 'I love you too?' Who could that be?

"Ahh!" Husnah jumped when she saw me almost falling off the bench, "you gave me a fright!" she snapped.

"Sorry," I handed her the rose, "here.. its for you. Its pretty like you." I sat next to her but she remained silent so my heart dropped alittle...like always.

"Thanks," she said tucking the flower away, "can you escort me to the mall?"

"Uh yeah," I said my bliss gone because she's never replied positively to my presents..any way.

"Lets go," I led her towards my car.

♧♧♧♧

Written:14/5/2021