Chapter 19

{Fayd's Pov}

     Its been three days since we came to this hotel but Noor is still giving me a silent treatment even when I apologised. At night I comforted her during her nightmares but I couldn't keep my hands out of her hair. 

    I threw the empty take away boxes in the trash then went towards the balcony.

    "Asallamu aleikum," Noor's voice made me halt in my steps. When I turned, I realised she was clad in a burqa and well dressed as though she was going somewhere.

    "Wallekumusallam," I replied," are you going somewhere?"

    "Yes, just around the beach and I'll be back." She explained staring her feet like a young child being scolded. 

   "Ok." thats all I said and she raised her head but her eyes held excitement before she exited the room and closed the door behind her. 

 ~~~

 {Noor's Pov}

   When I left our room, I went towards the elevator. This place is beautiful I can't wait to tour around. Immediately it stopped on the first floor, I walked around but the reception was bustling that I accidentally bumped into a White.

   "I'm so sorry," I apologised feeling awkward he'd splashed coffee on himself and I was afraid it'll leave stain on his white shirt.

    I kept apologising while trying to clean his shirt but rather making it worse. He held my wrist and gave me a reassuring smile while his blue crystal eyes bore into mine. 

   "Calder?" a feminine voice called out and my gaze fell on a White lady with blonde hair. She had a frown on her face while she approached us. 

   "Is everything alright here?" she asked staring at the man and then me. The man-Calder flashed her a small smile then turned back to me.

    "I-I'll g-give y-you money for ruining your shirt," I was panicking because everyone was staring at us and I didn't want Fayd to find out. He won't be happy. 

    "It's alright," the man held my wrist when I forwarded the money I had and told me to keep it. I stood there while they left feeling bad. I wish I had a way to repay him, ya Allah. A long sad sigh left my lips before I continued my way outside the hotel.

     There was a coffee and tea shop not far away so I made my way towards it. Coffee smells were lingering in the air, mixed with aromas of cake and bread. After taking my order, I took a seat adjacent to the glass wall and savoured the chocolate piece of cake.

   I'll make sure Fayd tastes this,its delicious!

   "Hey there," a male voice got my attention only to realise its the same man I'd bumped into.

   "Is this your table?" I stood up feeling awkward,"I'm sorry if I sat in the wrong-"

   "Oh no!" he stopped me when I tried to carry my stuff and leave. His crystal blue eyes staring at me and he looked on the verge of laughter.

   "Its not my table, I just saw you and decided to say hi," he explained but when I glanced about the area, I didn't see the lady he was with earlier. He'd even changed his shirt.

   "But you just saw me minutes ago," I said confused and he smiled.

   "I know. I'm Calder by the way," he said scratching the back of his head nervously.

   "I'm Noor." I replied 

   "Can I join you...you know if you don't mind?" he asked but I felt a bit uncomfortable because we've just met. Its not like we know each other but his worry etched face made me say yes and he hosted himself on my table.

    He begun narrating his stories and where he came from. Calder is Swedish but fluent in English. He's really a funny guy because he went on cracking jokes and I couldn't contain my laughter.

    At that moment, I wished it was Fayd making me laugh.

~~~

   Later, I went back to our hotel room and found Fayd sprung on bed deep in sleep. I tried to be quiet because I didn't want to wake him up he looked tired. 

   "Did you enjoy?" I jumped startled.

   "I thought you were sleeping!" I snapped rubbing my chest and he apologised groggily.

   "Yes..I had fun," I said then got my towel and headed towards the bathroom.

  "I'm sorry," he apologised again then stood up to leave. I bit my bottom lip feeling bad.

  "I..I forgive you..." I said, my back facing him.

  "Thank you." he replied with relief before he left the bedroom.

 ~~~

      Night had fallen and Fayd was sitting outside on the balcony star gazing. He always did so even at home. I think he loves watching the sky.

     The phone begun ringing and when I checked the caller ID it was mother-in-law video calling.

    Barely had I answered when Fayd entered the room.

    "Hello?"

    "Asallamu aleikum," I greeted.

   "Walekumusallam Noor," she said, smiling brightly. She was with father-in-law in their bedroom,"where is Fayd?"

   "I'm here mom." the mattress dipped in when he sat next to me on the bed but he was close I could feel the warmth his body emanated. I wasn't listening to their conversation though because my heart was racing due to the distance between me and him. I don't know why but I wasn't uncomfortable rather wanted to move closer and feel his warmth.

   "Noor?"

   "Hmm?" my eyes widened when I raised my head only to find Fayd's face not far from mine and got lost in his grey eyes.

    "Ahem," mother-in-law broke our trance and I averted my gaze away colour rising on my face. I'm sure its red as a tomato this moment.

   "Dear leave the kids," father-in-law spoke," lets give them space."

   "Noor, have you two-"

   "Mom!" Fayd interrupted her quickly and his parents burst into laughter but I frowned confused.

   "Have we what?" I asked.

   "He'll tell you," mother-in-law teased.

   "I'm going to hang up mom if you don't stop," Fayd warned but the colour on his cheeks made me understand what she was implying and that moment I coughed awkwardly looking away.

   "Alright alright. Take care you two."

  "Ok thank you for calling good night," Fayd hang up and we sat in silence. I nervously played with the hem of my night staring at my lap but I could feel his gaze on me.

    He didn't say anything but stood up and left the room

~~~