Chapter 11

[Noor's POV]

           After we sat next to mother and my cousins who asked Fayd questions ignoring me throughout. He might have noticed because his eyebrows pulled together but he continued to answer them. I later excused myself and went towards Habib's  bedroom and found the two playing. "Noor," Yusuf stood up as soon as he saw me but Habib continued to ignore me, with a pout on her face. She was still upset with me so I apologised then we went to the kicthen because she insisted I make for her laddu then she'll forgive me. She's cheeky sometimes. I enjoyed their company though.

{NB; laddu is Indian sweet.}

'''''

[Fayd's POV]

         The sun set slowly so Noor and I bid her family good-bye and set off for home. I glanced at her while she looked outside the window then I wondered why there was tension between her and her mom. She'd spent the whole day with Yusuf and Bib baking snacks. I wanted to know what was bothering her so I broke the silence. 

      "Noor?"

      "Hmm?"

      "Are you alright?" shock flshed in her eyes before she fiddled with her fingers nervously and answered softly, rather whispered. "Yes." Silence then took over again while I drove towards our house. The massive gate opened as soon as we reached then she got out. When she turned, her eyes held confusion while she looked at me. 

      "Aren't you coming?" 

       "I'm going to a friend's but I'll be back," I explain. Noor wanted to say something but she just let it go and climbed the stairs that led inside. The gate man looked between me and her before closing the gate behind me. I drove towards Aman's home but hoped Noor will be alright.

'''''

[Noor's POV]

       My in-laws were already asleep when we reached home so I walked towards our bedroom. I was glad I didn't encounter Kira, the head maid. Sleep took over me before I even knew it.

       A rough hand crept up my thigh causing me to jerk slightly in order to shake it off but it didn't budge. My heart started racing in my chest while dread filled me. The hand caressed my hair while I struggled to fight but my captor's grip was strong. I started sobbing  because my eyes wouldn't open so couldn't see his face but I knew he'd got me. Panic rose when a pair of hands held my shoulders and shook them.

      "Noor." a voice called but it was distant. My body was shaking uncontrollably while I clawed at the owner of the hands frantically. "Noor-ouch!" whoever it was hissed in pain then more tears rolled down my cheeks yet my eyes refused to open. The hands held my shoulders and shook them, I whimpered. 

       "Ibin stop." I whimpered, "please don't."

        ''Noor wake up," this time the voice was nearer then warm hands embraced me and sparks erupted on my skin while I tried to steady my breathing. "You'll be alright." the voice soothed but I continued crying. "It'll be alright habibti," the voice was familiar but my mind was a mess to recognise it's owner. Cologne met my nostrils while my head rested on a hard chest and a hand caressed my cheek gently.

'''''

Muslimahजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें