♧Chapter 6♧

《Noor's POV》

Knocks on my door jolted me from nap then a mild headache attacked me because I'd cried alot. I wiped away the drool on my mouth and pillow and adjusted my hijab before heading towards the door to see who was knocking.

I was surprised when I saw my step father standing there infront of me. "Can we talk?" he asked then I nodded my head before following him to the sitting room.
Mr. Singh motioned for me to sit in the couch.

He used that time to advise me about marriage and what to expect while I silently listened. "Don't forget marriage requires patience," he explained while I sadly fiddled with my fingers,"You'll be fine." he squeezed my shoulder reassuringly then I returned a weak smile before setting off to my bedroom.

I exhaled a harsh trying to fight back my tears but they had a mind of their own that they rolled down my cheeks. My gaze landed on my Quran so I sat on praying mat (musallah) and opened it. My heart felt lighter when I read it carefully. I prayed to Allah asking him to bring somebody reasonable in my life because I know everything happens for a reason.

"Ya Allah, lead me.." I continued reading the surah in my Quran peacefully.

♧♧♧♧

The next day

《Fayd's POV》

My parents were dressed to kill. Even Husnah disappointed me when she excitedly shopped for my wedding. I always thought we shared something special but I guess I was wrong. I wasn't happy at all and I wished today never reached. Yesterday I cleaned myself and made sure I didn't reek alcohol in order not to shock my parents.

I wonder when arranged marriages will stop being carried out in India. I always thought my parents were no longer in that era....well, hell was I wrong. I looked at myself in the mirror but I looked ugly in my opinion regardless of the expense of the clothes.

"Fayd!" mom called from outside my bedroom while I arranged my hair.
Did my soon to be wife want this? Was she forced into this or was her family the gold digger type? Well, she'll have to answer me after marriage. Whoever she is.

"Fayd!"

"I'm coming!" Lets get this over with.

The journey to the bride's house wasn't long. We parked infront of an exquisite abode which meant they aren't golddigers then why the marriage?

A lady and a man whom I assume to be my parents-in-laws exited the house and welcomed us warmly. The house was beautifully decorated on the inside. We sat in the sitting room then the event started. There were less relatives which caused me to frown in confusion, maybe they wanted the nikkah to be a secret.

Husnah wasn't around for the nikkah but had left me a present for my soon to be wife. My heart shattered when I held it because I'd wished it was her I'd be marrying.

The niqah didn't delay so I signed that marriage certificate which meant I'm legally a husband now. Some of the bride's relatives greeted me before heading to the other side of the house while I slumped on the mat on the floor sighing.

"Brother Fayd?!" a familiar voice got my attention. When I turned in the direction, my gaze met Habib standing there surprise etched on her face while she held her teddy bear. Does she live here? Does that mean her sister lives here too?

I glanced about the room for Noor then back to the little girl who stood at a stone's throw away from me.
"Brother Fayd!" she dashed towards me and jumped in my chest for a hug blissfully.

"Asallam Habib," I smiled at her.

"Walekum musallam," she smiled then I noticed some gaps in her mouth for missing teeth making her look cute. The girl's good energy had made me forget my marriage disaster for a second.

"Have you come to mawy Noow?" her gaze held intrigue. This girl with marriage.

"No, Is she getting married?"

"Hmm but she's going to leave me here and go with her boyfwend," a sad expression filled her face.

"Dont worry. I'll come and play with you," her face lit up before she tagged my shirt.

"Come and I show you my boyfwend!" my jaw almost, almost dropped when I gaped at the little girl's words,stunned. What TV shows does she watch?!

A hand held my shoulder before I could follow causing me to halt. "The bride is here!" mom sang happily while my mother-in-law arrived with a young lady clad in a floral hijab and hareem pants. Her head was hung low so I couldn't see her face properly.

I slowly approached her then raised her head by her chin while sparks danced on skin.

My breath caught in throat when my gaze met those familiar amber doeful eyes.

"Noor?!"

"Fayd!?"

What a coincidence!!!

♧♧♧♧