Chapter 12

[Fayd's POV]

          I couldn't stop sighing while I held Noor's shivering frame in my arms. My heart was still racing though because she scared me when I returned from Aman's and found her on the floor struggling with something invisible. I wonder who this is Ibin is because he always appeared in her nightmares. I didn't leave her side even after she calmed down so I pulled her close to me feeling the urge to protect her. She looked delicate that I feared any rough impact could break her which made me swallow in guilt while I observed the wrist I'd dislocated, it had healed somehow but the bruise was still visible.

         When Noor confessed her like for my beard, I smiled a bit because I like it too but always shaved it off to please Husnah.  She leaned into me while she slept although she didn't know I was in bed too slowly raking my hand through her smooth long silky black hair causing her to hum in satisfaction. The next day I woke up earlier than Noor and prepared for school before patting her gently. She woke up with alarm and frantically glanced about the room before relaxing as soon as her gaze met mine.

        "Asallam alaikum." her eyes widened with surprise when I greeted her first before she replied then went to the bathroom.

[Noor's POV]

        I anxiously stole Fayd glances while he drove towards the university afraid he might outburst for yesterday's night when I had another nightmare. My breathing suddenly became difficult because of the panic but I froze when a warmth enveloped my hand.  Fayd was looking at me with concern laced in his grey orbs.

       "you okay?" wow, Fay keeps surprising me.

       "Yeah..I-I'm fine," I stammered before removing my hand from his then left the car and scurried off towards the foyer. I looked at my hand still feeling the warmth and tinges there before continuing my way towards my lecture room. Aman smiled at me as soon as he saw me then I waved back happily. He's Fayd's besty but he has been kind to me ever since and he's the only one who doesn't mind whether I wear hijabs at school rather than normal clothes. 

'''''

       I chewed on my jalebi then kept some for Aman and Fayd in case they'd like. My lessons ended alittle earlier than their's so I sat on the bench and waited for then distracting myself with the rubik's cube Yusuf lent me, the thing was tricky though. Something shifted besides me but I was so distracted that I didn't turn to look until a hand draped on my shoulder startling me.  When I turned, my breath caught in my throat the moment I saw that wicked glint. 

      "Hey angel," he gave me a menancing smirk leaning near my face making me whimper in fear unable to stop my racing heart rooted in my spot. "Why are you here all alone?" Ibin glanced around us, "doesn't Fayd know you need protection?" He spat his name as if it disgusts him. I gulped my answer down the throat wanting to wipe away the sweat beads building on my forehead. 

      "Remember you're mine angel and I get back what's mine," he whispered near my ear his breath making me shiver in fear and his tone possessive before he left but my breathing was still uneven while I tried to stop my hands from shaking, This time I jumped when Aman sat next to me quickly then I masked my fear with with a strained smile.

      "Are you alright?" he asked then I lied but he seemed to buy it because he didn't insist asking. Fayd studied me carefully searching for an answer but I looked away sighing deeply. The drive home was silent but I frowned when I saw him driving in the different direction.  

      ''Fayd?" he hummed in reply.

      "Where are we going?"

      "A special place." he answered simply then I sunk in my chair with no worry to where we were going. I closed my eyes and listened to the engines while he drove away.

'''''

  Hey lovely readers! I hope am not boring you because I'm not a perfect writer. Thank you all who give my book a chance may God bless y'all please. please don't forget to vote n comment on my books. See ya in the next chapter n sorry for any grammatical errors and spellings!