Chapter 16

{Noor's Pov}

     The next day I woke up feeling a bit better. My gaze swivelled about the room and I realised I was home, at Fayd's house. I groaned in embarrassment because yesterday Aman brought me home but what will Fayd's parents think of me? I guess I should head down stairs and apologise.

    The whole family was gathered on the dining table to eat suhoor since we were in the month of ramathan. I sat next to Husnah whose face was sullen I wonder why but I was glad she was home today.

     "Noor who was that guy who brought you home yesterday?" Fayd's mom asked causing everyone to freeze. Fayd looked at me intensely causing me to gulp nervously.

     "Guy? What guy?" Husnah asked confused.

     "Aman, He is Fayd's friend...I had fainted at school and he was the one around so he helped me," I explained staring at my lap but I could feel their gazes burning holes in my head.

     "You mean Aman Kapoor?" Fayd's dad asked with recognition and I hummed in reply.

      "i hope you are fine dear. Oh, Aman is a good boy," Fayd's mom smiled then continued with her roti letting go of the conversation. I sighed in relief when silence came over but I didn't expect Husnah to speak.

      "Where was Fayd by that time?"

      "Uh...in the mosque"

     She glared at him although he didn't mutter any word.

    We prepared to go to school but Husnah stopped me when I headed towards Fayd's car. 

    "Is everything fine?"

    "Yeah, I just wanted to give you a ride,'' she said leading me towards another car in the compound. Did I forget to mention that the Khalids were born with blue blood? We're not poor at home but they're kind of super rich.

     "But I go with Fayd everyday...won't I be disturbing you? You know because you might be busy," I said awkwardly but she insisted on taking me to school today not Fayd. I glanced behind and caught a glimpse of Fayd's car receding outside the gate and sighed sadly. I guess he's glad I'm not going with him.

      "How are things between you two?" she asked and I sighed sadly before pulling a weak smile.

      "Everything is alright." Husnah's expression showed she didn't believe me but she didn't pry any fruther and I was relieved.

     The journey to the university was silent and awkward because I'm not used to being with Husnah alone. She's not bad but we're not close so obviously it'll be awkward. I looked outside the window and got drowned in my thoughts.

~~~

    "Have you seen the book?" Aman asked searching through the other shelves in the library. We'd been given an assignment so we had to research. Fayd didn't share any lectures with us so he was in class at the moment. He hasn't said a word to me since morning I wonder why.

   The foyer had a height that required ladders to reach some books. I begun climbing when I saw the book we were looking for. 

    "Yeah, I think." I replied while I extended my hand a bit trying to reach it. A frown appeared on my face, I didn't know I was this short!

   "Noor be careful," Aman warned from below while I tiptoed on the ladder to reach for it. My foot slipped and my grip on the ladder loosened while I fell backward shock and fear paralyzing me. The scream died in my throat while adrenaline rushed through me and prepared for the fall.

     With my eyes tightly closed, I waited for painful impact but I didn't feel any other than warmth.

     "Hey Devi maiya," Aman's shock filled voice sounded in my ears,"Noor you can open your eyes now."  He chuckled finding my accident amusing. Wow, Aman. I slowly opened my eyes only to see his face not far from mine. 

     Ya Allah, Aman was carrying me...again!

      "Wow, I didn't know your project required cuddles from partners." I jumped out of Aman's arms when that voice met my ears. Fayd stood there, jaw clenched while he glared at us and I feared he'll pop a vein.

    Aman on the other hand was confused as to why he was angry. By the look on Fayd's face, I knew he misunderstood everything.

    "Oh..no..I-It's not what you think," I stammered nervously. He pulled me to his side harshly. 

    "Dude, she did nothing wrong. She fell from up there and I helped her." Aman tried to explain but Fayd chuckled in disbelief.

    "Are you always trying to help or does my wife's physique entice you?" Fayd snapped rudely shocking all of us.

    "What?"

    "I know, you don't need to defend yourself because I always feel the same way. The soft skin, perfect physique, plump lips," Fayd's hands went down till they rested on my hips and a groan vibrated in his throat.

     "She's just undeniable, don't you think? Thats why you can't keep your hands off her," every word that left his lips felt like a nail to my heart while tears welled up in my eyes. He was disrespecting me and stripping away my dignity as a woman. I tried to leave but his grip on my hip tightened while he continued taunting me indirectly.

    I felt shame and disgust when I realised students had gathered to watch the scene. 

    "When did you two became partners?" Aman on the other hand wasn't believing we were married, even the other students because murmurs begun.

   "Since she joined this university, remember, I don't share whats mine," Fayd concluded before pulling me away from the crowd but tears didn't stop rolling down my cheeks. The way he descirbed me in front of everyone as though I'm some doll or object that is just used.

    When we reached the parking lot, I just by passed his car and went to look for a taxi. I'd rather board a taxi than sit in the same car with someone who ill talks about me. Hurt and disappointment filled me.

     "Noor," I ignored him and continued walking away.

     "Noor," he held my hand and thats when I burst.

     "What!? Aren't you done insulting me? Oh you still have more to say?! Go on! Maybe even these pedestrians would want to know what I am to you!" I screamed shocking him. 

      "Why do you always think about yourself?! Always making wrong conclusions instead of asking first!"

      "Noor," his voice apologetic but I was tired and I wanted to go home.

       "No, I don't want to hear anything. I know you don't want me in your life so don't worry, because you won't have to see my face again." With that, I boarded a taxi and left him standing there. I sobbed all the way home really heart broken Fayd didn't trust me.

     When I reached home, Habib welcomed me but frowned when she saw my red eyes.

~~

   Hey dear readers! sorry for the late update but I hope you enjoy. sorry for any error.