Chapter 20

{Noor's Pov}

     "Hey Noor!" I turned on my left and saw Calder and Amber, the blonde haired lady she was with last time I splashed coffee on him. They were heading our way but I wonder how they found us. Fayd didn't connect with them that much and barely spoke in their presence but that was ok with me as long as he didn't cause a scene.

    We had decided to spend time at the beach but he was busy on the phone the whole time.

     "How did you find me?" I asked while they sat in the sand next to us. Amber sent me a wave and small smile before busying herself on her phone.

     "A magician never tells his secret," Calder winked and I shook my head amused before taking my attention back to the sea. The ocean currents were calm today and many people were swimming about.

    When I stole Calder a glance, I realized he was drawing in the sand but he had art. He made a weird face and claimed its me causing me to burst into laughter and I drew an ugly face claiming its him.

   I'd forgotten about Amber and Fayd so when they spoke, I was startled. 

  "Can you quit flirting with my wife?" the atmosphere became tense and quiet while he glared at Calder.

   "Do you know this guy?" Calder looked at me confused and I nodded my head nervously. I remember introducing the two to each other.

   "Yes, she my wife," Fayd's jaw ticked. If looks could kill, Calder would be six feet underground this hour.

    To my surprise, Calder laughed mockingly,"If she's your wife, where is her ring?"

    My eyes widened before I buried my hands in sand wondering how he had noticed. Amber on the other hand looked amused while she recorded the scene. You've got to be kidding me. Fayd gritted his teeth silently fury burning in his grey eyes.

    "Cat got your tongue?" my jaw dropped when Calder continued provoking him. Did this guy have a death wish? I knew a fight would happen next so I blocked them from staring at each other and held Fayd's face making him look at me. I was trembling though but held myself together.

    "Noor who is this guy?" he asked trying to hold in his anger while his eyes bore into mine causing me to lower them because his gaze was intense.

    "Noor eyes up here," he ordered and I looked at him again. He always wanted eye contact whenever we talked I don't know why.

    "Fayd meet Calder a friend I met last time and Calder meet Fay Imran my husband," I introduced the two. Amber was still recording so I looked away from the camera.

    "Oh Noor face this way," she said as though taunting me,"Calder I'm making sure your family sees this."

    "Shut up Amber," he sent her a glare and she stopped recording with a pout on her face.

    "Where is your ring if he's not some control freak?" Calder insisted angering me too because he was disrespecting my marriage so I snapped.

     "Enough Calder! I don't need to prove you anything because you have no right to know about what goes on in my life." With that I stood up along with Fayd and turned to leave.

    "I'm sorry for that. I just wanted to know whether you're safe," he apologised and I nodded my head in reply.

    "We'll be leaving." I dragged a grumpy Fayd with me towards our hotel room to lecture him about making wrong conclusions. Immediately we reached, he went and sat on the balcony with a gloomy expression on his face..

   "Fayd will you stop?" I stood by the door crossing my arms on my chest and he sighed.

   "I won't stop until my wife stops flirting with other men," he mumbled under his breath but it didn't miss my ears. He still thought of me that way. I didn't want to fight with him anymore because it was tiring so I pulled in a deep breath and left. 

    When I entered our bedroom, I sat on the bed and got drowned in my own thoughts. 

   Ya Allah, what does Fayd want? I try my best to make this marriage workout but I'm getting tired he doesn't trust me. I don't know what to do...I ask for your guidance and patience Allah.

   I prayed silently on the bed until tears begun rolling down my cheeks. When I felt presence in the room I quickly wiped them. 

   "Noor?" the mattress dipped in when he sat next to me. 

   "I'm sorry," a long sigh escaped his lips, "I'm your husband and its normal for me...its normal for me to get ...jealous..." Fayd trailed off but I was shocked that I couldn't contain my laughter.

   Fayd? Jealous?

~~~