48. Amnesia

Last chapter!!!!!!!

DEVAN'S POINT OF VIEW

I walked slowly into the room where Scout was laying. She didn't look peaceful. She looked like she was stressed and scared.

I sat down in the chair next to the bed. I hated myself right now. How could I have done this to her? She had felt the same way towards me. Just when I had had something good, I ruined it.

A nurse came in now with a clipboard.

"Could you fill this out?" She asked me, handing the clipboard and a pen to me. "It's just an information sheet about the patient."

I nodded and she left.

Name: Scout Meselva

Date of Birth: January 18, 1993

Age: 20

Gender: Female

I filled out what I could on the sheet and then went out of the room to give it to the nurse.

"Where's Owen?" I asked.

"He went back by the girls," Will told me.

"Okay. Um, I'm going to stay here."

"Alright. We'll probably head back then."

I went and sat back down next to the bed.

"I'm sorry, Scout," I said. "I know you can't hear me, but I'm sorry." I took her hand and kissed it. "I would trade places with you if I could."

I didn't move at all. I didn't eat dinner. I had trouble sleeping, but eventually fell asleep in the chair.

"Devan?"

I sat up quickly. "Scout?"

She blinked at me. "Where am I?"

I stood next to the bed. "You're in the hospital in London."

"Oh. How long have I been here?"

"Only two days."

"It feels like I've been here forever."

"You've been asleep the whole time."

"I've been asleep?"

"Yeah. The doctor took you off the drug, but we didn't know when you would wake up."

"What are you talking about? I'm not awake."

"Yes, you are. You're talking to me."

"I'm not awake. I'll never be awake."

"What?"

"I'm not going to wake up, Devan."

"Yes you will, Scout. You're awake right now."

"I'm not awake now, and I won't ever be."

She got up out of the bed, taking IV's out of her arm.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

She didn't answer. She just walked to the door.

"Scout?"

She opened the door and left.

"Scout!"

I ran after her, but the door closed in front of me and it wouldn't open.

"Scout!" I pounded on the door. "Scout, stop! Come back! Scout!"

"Devan."

"Scout?"

"Devan."

"Where are you?"

"Devan!"

"Scout!"

"Devan!" Someone shook me awake.

I sat up quickly, shaking my head and quickly grabbing Scout's hand. I sighed in relief and lay my head on the bed.

"Devan?"

I jumped when Melly spoke.

"Are you alright?" She asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I told her.

"A nightmare?"

I didn't want to admit it, but I nodded.

"What was it about?" She sat in the other chair.

"Scout told me that she wasn't going to wake up. That she wasn't going to come back."

Melly was quiet for a moment. "She's going to be alright. She'll wake up soon."

Just as Melly said that, Scout stirred. She pulled her hand away from mine and rubbed her eyes. She then blinked a couple times before sitting up. But when I reached out to help her, she gave me a look of terror and I was stunned into silence when she spoke.

"Who are you?"