1. Welcome To London

Suddenly, I woke up. Shaking my head to clear it, but soon stopping because of the pounding pain. Someone came running towards me, but something told me to run away. So I did. I had no idea what I was doing. I just ran as far as I could until I was overcome with dizziness and fell to the ground. I picked myself up and hid in an alleyway.

Why was I hiding?

My name is Scout.

Is this a gun?

I dropped the metal object in my hand, shying away from it.

Where am I?

I heard voices out on the sidewalk and pressed myself to the wall. Something was telling me that I needed to stay hidden, but I didn’t know why. I just knew that I didn’t want to stay in the alley. I edged along the wall, peaking out to see that no one was on the street before taking off in the opposite direction of where I had woken up.

I ran for only four blocks before suddenly a pair of arms wrapped around me. A hand clamped over my mouth to prevent me from screaming.

“Thought you could hide forever, didn’t you?” A deep, exotic voice hissed in my ear.

Before I could fight back, a cloth was over my mouth and nose. My mind told me not to breathe, but I couldn’t hold my breath so I inhaled and passed out from the chloroform.

When I regained consciousness, I was being half-carried from a vehicle to a plane. I immediately began struggling, but someone hit me in the back of the head and I blacked out again.

Someone was roughly shaking me until I opened my eyes, though I couldn’t see anything. I had a blindfold on. I tried to push the person off of me, but my hands were tied so it was useless.

“Come on,” A male voice said, lifting me to my feet. “The less you struggle, the less pain you’ll feel.”

I immediately settled upon his words. But the voice sounded strange. It had an accent to it. British.

Was I still in America?

I stumbled along, passing through doors and climbing stairs until I was stopped.

“You found her?” Another British voice.

“Yes, in Chicago.”

There were footsteps and then I felt someone standing right in front of me.

“You thought that running away to the states would be smart?” I could feel his hot breath on my face.

I didn’t answer because I had no idea what he was talking about.

The blindfold was ripped from my head. I squinted as the bright white light hit me. Once I could see, my light brown eyes met a menacing pair of light blue ones. I tried to take a step back, but I just hit the body of someone, who I am assuming was my captor.