Harley's Field Trip

Harley awkwardly stood in the back of the group as they explored the second floor of Avengers’ Tower. However, he got way more excited when he noticed the late tour guide. Peter was basically tripping over himself in his rush to Harley’s teacher. “I am so sorry I’m late. I got the call from Happy and told him to bring you guys here. But we can start right now! Don’t worry we will still have plenty of time and I can-”
    “It’s fine,” the old southern woman interrupted. “Can you just get on with it.” She said and Peter blushed but nodded.

    He turned towards the students and grinned brightly, “Hi! I’m Peter Parker, you all can call me Peter. Happy said he gave you guys the badges so we can get right into the fun activities!” Peter assured and led everyone into the elevator. Harley couldn’t help but wonder if he should go up to him or stay in the back until they have a moment. He’s known Peter for years. Harley had met him online over a post of Tony Stark. They had started talking and well… Harley already knew he was gay. Peter was actually the one to ask him out, he came out as bi to Harley then asked him out a few seconds later. However, because they live so far from each other, their entire relationship was over the internet. And to add to the sketchy part of their relationship, Harley didn’t have a computer with a camera so Peter never actually saw his face. Not since he was 10 years when he sent a picture doing something so stupid it couldn’t be faked. Peter’s aunt was adamant about doing so. 

Anyways, he had told Peter he was getting a tour at Stark Industries this week. “I’m not the normal tour guide but I’ve memorised the best spots to visit. RIght through here is the Avenger museum. We have the first arc reactor and the shield Captain America used before he had the shield he has now. So please take time to walk around.” Peter said happily.
    Harley let his classmates scatter and he walked over to Peter. “Hello Darling, I was wondering if you wanted to show me everything about Spider-Man. Not the best first date ever, but it’ll do until I can take you out properly.” Harley said with a smile and Peter was red in a few seconds before throwing arms around Harley.
    “Oh my god Harley! How are you?” Peter asked and pulled back awkwardly. “It’s- Well I- God how are you so hot?” Peter went bright red slapping a hand over his mouth.
    That was all it took to make Harley bend over laughing. His classmates were casting a few glances their way but most were too busy looking at everything. “You don’t look bad yourself.”

    Peter paled, “are you out? Oh my god should I-” Harley cut him off by kissing him.
    Harley grinned and pulled back, “am I out? Of course I am! I can’t be in the closet, I’m claustrophobic,” He joked.
    The other boy pulled back with a surprised face, “you're scared of Santa Claus?” They both snickered and Peter pulled him towards the Iron Man area. Harley let himself be pulled and he winked at his classmates when they stared at them. “Look! Mr. Stark put this in along with Mark 42,” Peter noticed a few others paying attention and went into tour guide mode. “It was the only suit that didn’t self-destruct after the Mandarin attack in 2012. He loves to show this off,” Peter grinned and showed off a machine next to Mark 42. “Potato Gen Mark 2, a duplicate of the gun gifted to whom Tony Stark is connected to. This person while unnamed is one of the only reasons he made it through the fight. The Tennessee Potato Gun Boy.”

    Peter grinned as Harley started to laugh kind of wetly. However, as the kids kept walking Peter pulled Harley close and whispered. “I don’t think he realized you're here yet. But we can surprise him. Just wait, we’ll get him good.” Peter promised before getting everyone’s attention and bringing them back to the elevators. “Next up is the interns’ floor. They are very friendly but definitely territorial. Once when I came in to get a few things I swear someone hissed at me.” Peter joked but the teacher looked unimpressed. 
    “If you’re not on the intern floor where do you work?” Someone asked and Harley grinned as Peter went bright red.
    “I actually work on multiple floors. Sometimes I’m in Mr. Stark’s workshop, other times I’m in Dr. Bruce Banner’s lab. I do work in the main labs for Stark employees as well,” he said like he almost forgot to add that. Harley watched as Peter silently prayed for the elevator to go faster. 

“What are they like?” Someone else asked.
    “Oh, Dr. Banner is one of the nicest and calmest people in the world. He has many rules to follow but most of them are just in case something were to trigger the Hulk. He’s a stickler for safety in general. Mr. Stark is completely different. While he still makes sure to not kill anyone he can forgo safety measures because he finds them too much of a hassle. However, we- um Ms. Potts has been getting to him. The other day he actually wore safety glasses. But personally, I think it’s because I-” Peter coughed, “because I saw Spider-Man’s web fluid explode in his face. And that isn’t anything easily taken care of.” Peter grinned and Harley wanted to butt in. Because that’s not how Peter told the story over text a few days ago.