Happy New Years

The music made my head spin as I tried to get to the kitchen. I was way too sober to deal with this. Side stepping another drunk student I wished to be anywhere but here. I heard my Wade's laugh and sighed, When he "sobered" up I was going to kill him, for going as friends he ditched me quite fast.

When I reached the kitchen I notice MJ grabbing a beer out of the fridge. "Wow Peter Parker never took you for a party type." She laughs and I shrug grabbing another beer out for myself. "No Wade drug me here..." She snorted, "of course. Wilson so would..." Suddenly Wade was behind me and grabbed my beer downing it in one go.

"Baby Boy grab me another beer will you?" He giggle and I groan.

"Lay off Wade don't you think we should get going."

He shoved my shoulder playfully and snorted, "we just got here!"

"We've been here for two hours already."

"Lighten up Baby Boy!"

"Yeah whatever take this beer and have fun." Grabbing another beer from the fridge I shove it in his chest and pushed him towards the other cheering footballers.

"See you later Petey Pie?" He asked adorably and I blush giving him a quick nod.

Once he was out of sight I sigh and MJ laughs, "you've got it bad dude."

"Shut it Mary!"

"It's MJ asshole! Don't take your broken heart out on me!"

"Is it that obvious?" I mutter pathetically.

She raises an eyebrow, "even a blind man could see it! Don't worry Wade is worse than blind! He's oblivious!"

I snorted and grabbed myself a beer, "god... I hate this. Next year on New Years Eve I'm staying home even if Wade begs me to come. It's not like we are hanging out anyways. I mean he has so many friends and I have... him and you. I shouldn't have come, have fun with your friends MJ!" I turn to run out of the crowded room depression tingling in my mind.

"Wait!" I hear from MJ but I was already in the crowd trying my best to make it to the door. They didn't need a loser to drag their night down... this way they don't have to feel bad for not hanging out with me there. I would already be gone. Tears fill my eyes but I make it to the door without any mishaps.

Once in the lawn I run down the street, thankfully I didn't drink more than a few sips so I'd be fine. I get towards the bus stop and sit down relaxing a little more. I take my phone out to text Dad or even Pops but stop. They were happy I was out with people... if I called now they'd ask questions. I wasn't in the mood to be interrogated at the moment so I simply put my phone away.

When the bus gets here I someone yelling but I get on not in the mood to deal with just another drunk teenager. As the doors begin to close someone puts their hand in the way and climbs on the bus. I put my earbuds in and stare out the window ready to just go waste some time. However suddenly someone sits down next to me and rests their head on my shoulder. The person was at least a head taller than me so they had to hunch.

They grab my ear bud out of my ear and put in theirs however then I notice the familiar hair. "I thought you said that you'd see me later. That we'd hang out... then you just left. You didn't even tell me either. Are you okay Baby Boy?" Wade's hand made patterns on my leg making me sigh.

"I don't like parties Wade I never have... you know that. We've known each other since we were kids. You're that fun one... you could've stayed."

"No thanks... we've hung out every New Year's Eve since Kindergarten. I'm not about changing that now. You're much more fun than everyone else."