A Bond That Goes Beyond Death

Hey, the song from this is called Happy Now by Zedd and Elley Duhe I felt like it worked for this short story. By the way sorry for not updating for a while. I was busy, I would tell you about it but only lies have detail, so yeah. I am hoping to finish my other stories I have going but I'm getting a little stumped. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this idea I had.

~On with the chapter~

Wade POV

"So let me get this right when a part of a soul pair dies they wait in an area for their lover?" Death nodded, "Some will only wait a few days while others wait years." I laughed, "good thing I don't have one then huh?" Death smiled, "Oh but you do, he's been here for a couple years already."

I froze, "but I don't even know them!" Death stood from her chair, "I believe you do." I shook my head, "who?" Death snapped her fingers and picture of a guy in their early 30 showed on the screen. He had beautiful doe eyes and brown hair that curled just a little bit. "Who is he?" He was perfect but I had never met him. "You came to me a couple years ago complaining that he died too soon." I froze and looked at the kid, "Spidey?"

Death frowned and clapped and soon I wasn't next to her but in an alley. "Dammit!" I set off towards Stark Tower the old home to my dead lover. "Stark!" I hear groaning when I enter the Avenger level. "How did you get in?" I didn't bother answering, "what did Spider-man look like!" Steve entered the room, "we won't show you." I ran to his face, "please I need to know! I might have just screwed up big time!" The couple looked beyond confused.

"I went to go visit Death then she told me more about her system. She said that everyone has a soulmate and that person waits for you before deciding whether or not you go to Heaven or Hell. And I-" Tony stopped me, "and what does this have to do with our son." I could tell that he was getting upset. "She showed me a picture of my soulmate who'll have to wait forever and she gave me a hint of who it was. Does your son have brown hair and big doe eyes?" Steve looked at Tony and left the room.

Steve came back to see me and Tony at opposite sides of the couch in silence. He was carrying an old scrapbook with a red and blue design. He sat in the middle and when he opened the book, we slide next to him. The first picture was a kid maybe 5yrs old looking in awe at Tony. He flipped to the back and the last picture was him, my soulmate, waving at the camera. He was holding a bow and was standing next to Clint and Natasha.

"Is it him?" Tony ask and I can hear the fear in his voice, but all I can do is a nod. Steve flips through the book to see a happy face smiling in every photo. "Can I?" I could tell that they were just more and more upset the farther back. They look at me, "be careful with it." I nod and pull it in my lap and start from the beginning. Taking a minute to look at every picture.

I get to a photo of him and a blond girl, "who is this." Steve jogs over and looks at the photo. "That was his friend Gwen, they worked together quite often." I look at them, "where does she live?" Steve bowed his head, "she passed away about three years before he died. That picture was taken about 12 days before she died." I nod and turn the page, the next picture his eyes had lost some of their sparkle. Continuing on I notice that he stays sad until the last like 20 pages. You could tell that someone was helping him. I saw the picture he took with me and smiled.

"You know he was happier when he met you. I think the idea of someone never dying on him, helped him get closer to you." I see a couple pictures of us and soon I get to a picture of him holding Thor's hammer looking confused and Thor in the background with big eyes. Almost to say "what are you guys so confused about?"

When I get to the last page tears were flowing freely, "I messed up I really did. He's perfect. He's happy. He's the sweetest thing. But he has to wait for me, to die. And I can't! I wish I could've just given him my healing factor! Then he would be with us still." Steve puts a hand on my shoulder and even Tony looks sorry for me. "I gotta go." Walking to the nearest window I open it and jump. "WADE!" I hear someone scream then everything goes black.