Beaten Down

The Avengers were taking a beating and I swing over to them as fast as I can. I know I can't do much but I can try. On the way, I see Captain America's shield, so I put it on my back. Then I spot Thor's hammer, “cool I could surprise everyone!” Dropping down I pick up the hammer and easily make it over to them. “Sha-bang!” I yell and throw the hammer at the main guy attacking. Then grabbing Cap's shield I hit someone then toss it to Steve.

“I can't believe you started without me! I mean, come on! Don't you like me?” I hear a few chuckles but the main bad guy just groaned. He had purple hair and a pair of bright orange suspenders. “Okay Purple People Eater let us begin.” With that rush toward him and went between his legs coming up behind him.

Doing jabs and punches to Purple I see that the Avengers are taking care of the others. I get a swift punch to the gut and it sends me flying. “Keep your eyes on the target!” He advances throwing swift punches, only a few of them I actually dodge.

“Spider-man!” I look over my shoulder and see Cap pinned down. Purple throws a punch and a catch it. “Sorry, can I borrow your body for a second. That sounded wrong.” I grip his suspenders and throw him at Captain's attackers sending them flying. I give Steve a hand and see all the injuries he has. “Captain Frisbee how about you go and help get the citizens away. We don't want any more injuries.” He takes a breath, “I could do this all day.” I smile, “that doesn't mean you have to.” He nods and races off.

Purple and Cap's enemies get up and run over to me. “Well, this isn't fair.” They all start throwing punches and all I can do is a dodge. “Where's Hulk?” I yell and Nat looks at me. “Sat this one out.” I look over at her and Purple throws a powerful punch that sends me into the wall.

“Ow,” I notice Thor's hammer back on the ground so… I run over and pick it up looking for the God of thunder. When I find him, he's knocked out cold. So I grip the hammer and go back to Purple. “Round 2!” I scream swinging the hammer and knocking out people as I go. Soon I look around and see some lightning. “Thor?” Then I realize that it was coming from me. “Hell yeah!” Shooting webs with one hand and swinging a hammer in another I was unstoppable. “Purple!” He looks at me and I notice that Iron Man is at his feet. “Heads up!” I take aim of the weapon, “come on!” Throwing it I send a web out and pull Tony over to me. “Go grab Thor and head back to the Tower, and stay there!” He looks about to argue but stops when I call the hammer back to me.

It was me, Hawkeye, and Black Widow left. Scratch that just me and Black Widow. I ran over to Clint, “come on up you go.” I look around and see that we are losing. I grab Clint and drop him off on a roof that was safe. I hear a scream and see a young boy being cornered by one of the goons. I look at Nat then jump over to save the kid.

After dropping him off with Clint I went back to Natasha. She looks about to collapse, I need to hurry! I see Purple battling her and the others were coming from all other sides. I use the hammer to send lightning to enemies. Then I grab Natasha and swing, setting her with Clint. “You can't do this alone!” I jumped back to the fight swinging the hammer. “Call Tony and get a ride!”

I felt every blow but I couldn't stop, I needed to stop them. So I fought and fought and fought. But Purple kept up, as I got more and more tired the more powerful he got. He punched me and I went flying, just before I could get up he was on top of me. Choking me and I couldn't breathe.

“Webs!” I hear Nat say. “You will die you stupid bug!” He screams. “Arachnid.” I gasp and kick him off. Black spots dance in my vision and I sway. The hammer landed a few feet away, I held out my hand and it came to me. “You never take this city if I am still standing,” Purple growled and pounced. I swung but missed and barely rolled out of the way. He kicked me and I held back a scream.