The Real Reason Behind the No

Based after Tony asked Peter to become an Avenger.

I sat in the back of the car trying to stay still so I didn’t feel the pain but the broken bones and deep cuts on my chest and the hole in my side were in pain. Happy stayed silent but I could feel his eyes glancing back at me every once in a while. My concussion was pounding and I really wish my healing factor was faster. I wish it was Deadpool fast right now.

“Okay kid we’re here,” Happy said looking at me concerned. “Thanks,” about to get out of the car I turn around putting on the biggest smile I could muster. “That was a test right?” Happy smiled and nodded, I let out a fake sigh of relief. Jumping out of the car I hold back the scream of pain and wave to Happy as he drove off.

When I get to my room I see the bag. I look out my window seeing no one I put it on. I wanted to talk to KAREN and figure out all of the injuries. But when I put the mask on all I can see is the battle, so I take it off. “What the Fuck!” I turn around to see May standing there. “Hi, May wanna come to the comic con with me?” She rolls her eyes, “Peter Benjamin Parker stop lying right now!” I look down, “I’m sorry, I’m so sorry May.” She looks at me and I can feel that she’s having trouble keeping the angry glare. “I’m not going to stop.” She begins to argue but I cut her off, “With great power comes great responsibility.” She looks down when I say the words of Ben.

“It all makes sense! You’ve always been too nice, so when you come home and say you got into a fight. When you skipped school or got detention. Peter, I’m such an idiot! I couldn’t save Ben and now you risk your life every day and I never noticed.” I run up and give her the biggest hug I could ignoring the pain. “I’m guessing this is the ‘Stark Internship’ isn’t it?” I nod, “It’s not his fault I did this before I ever met him.” She nods and we head into the living room.

After talking with May and coming up with an agreement so I can continue being Spider-man I head up to bed. I’m not ready to be Spider-man yet so I get into PJ’s and fall onto bed falling asleep right away.

The Vulture stabs his claws into my chest lifting me off the ground. Pain coursed through my body and I hold back the screams. SLAM! SLAM! SLAM! He smashes me into the ground repeatedly. The Vulture sees the arc reactor and ditches me to grab them. “Your wing,” I mutter. “Wait your wings are going to explode!” I shoot a web but he snaps it, I shoot another. I slow him down but my strength is failing me. I feel my arm strain and it breaks from the strain. He snaps the web and I fall to them to the ground.

“The culprit of the attack is none other than the vigilante Spider-man! He’s nothing more than a masked menace!” The newsman screams as they cuffed my hands. I see Mr. Stark and he glares at me. “YOu stupid poor boy! You just decided to steal to get money! Peter, you are a disgrace and I’m going to tell the world who you are.” I cry as I see May, Ned, and Michelle getting hurt by the citizens. May’s last words are, “I never wanted you! Ben and I are disappointed in you. He died because of you and now I will.” Ned looked at me, “Flash is right you’re a nobody!”

They brought me to an old warehouse and Tony blasted the beams then the building collapsed on me. “Please! PLEASE! I WAS ONLY TRYING TO HELP!” I scream but they ignore me. I have a pipe stabbing through me so I can’t move. “HELP PLEASE! I CAN’T MOVE! PLEASE I’M DOWN HERE! IM SORRY! IM SO SORRY!”

“Peter time for school!” I groan and when I bump my stomach I yelp. I lift up my shirt and see that the hole in my body has started to heal on my back. So I didn’t have a hole straight through me. Well, that’s better at least. I change and brush through my crazy mass of hair.

I get to school and see Ned but before I get to him I’m pulled into a classroom. “Hey, Penis!” Flash mocks and I groan. “My dad’s a little pissed at me so since I can take out my anger on Spider-man you’ll have to do.” I groan at the irony. When my Spidey-sense goes off but I ignore it. “Flash is right you’re a nobody!”