Military AU pt.2

When Logan and Matt told Peter they weren't going on another tour Peter couldn't help but feel as if his family was falling apart. Wade joked about how he was supposed to be the dramatic one but Peter noticed the tense shoulders. "I told Foggy I would be gone 4 years max and… well it's been 5 Pete. I can't keep worrying him." Matt said quietly. "He's worried that one day my eyes will fail and I'll be blind in action." As much as Peter hated it, Matt had a point. With his eyes slowly degenerating it was a matter of time before Matt wouldn't be able to see anything. And when Matt said this Logan mentioned how he was getting too old to find a new leader. Frank Castle even mentioned going home for a while. 

After five years with these men Peter couldn't see himself working with anyone else. So, as a group they all chose not to return. Wade and Peter had the hardest time with this but Wade sighed and mentioned not finding another group… Harley agreed instantly and Peter had a sinking feeling he didn't care for this line of work. 

However the one thing that made leaving the army the hardest was the deal they made with Peter. Over the past years they all avoided meeting the famous soldiers. Harley was the only one to meet the group but he couldn't get out of it once they started dating. Now it wasn't because they hated the group but it was because how dysfunctional they were in practically every setting. The Avengers were the most famous and honestly judgemental group ever to exist so they decided to avoid interaction. But once Peter realized he got everyone to promise to meet them before retiring.

So with the last day coming and going the date was set and flights were booked to New York. 

That's what led Peter to run around the compound finishing up last minute preparations. He knew that Matt was coming with Foggy and Harley with Abbie. Wade was bringing his wife Vanessa and his daughter Ellie while Frank brought his wife Maria and his children Lisa and Frank Jr. And Logan was bringing Laura. To say he was nervous was an understatement. So, he busied himself with little things to do. He heard Tony and Clint guessing what they truly are like. And nothing could prepare these people.

Then the doorbell rang and Harley was there, Abbie almost taller than Peter by now. Behind them was Logan and Laura who looked a little uninterested. Peter quickly ushered them out of the brisk autumn air. Harley and Abbie hung up their jackets but the Howletts had nothing but flannels on. Tony appeared out of nowhere and ruffled Harley's hair. "Good to see you guys," he said kindly then turned towards the Howletts. "You must be Logan and Laura. I'm Peter's Dad Tony. I'm glad we were able to get this party planned.”

"I don't normally do parties," Logan said in a monotone voice then surprisingly smiled. "But you got a good, stubborn kid to get me here."

Tony let out a surprised laugh, "good to know I did something right. Here I'll introduce you to everyone." Without a single beat it was just Peter and Harley. Abbie runs over to Wanda as soon as she spots the explosive specialist.

Peter grinned as he saw Nat bring Laura with her and it was nerve wracking to see. "Has anyone else showed up?" Harley asked, snapping Peter out of his glazed gaze, breaking the silence.

    “Nope… Matt and Wade said they’d be late and the Castles' are going to be here soon.” He said under his breath as he watched Logan take one look around before deciding on talking to Steve. And from the looks of it Steve was thrilled.  

Harley took Peter’s hand and started to pull him from the door when the doorbell went off again. The two quickly went back to the door and when they opened it the Castle’s stood there way more put together than Peter figured they were from the phone calls. “Oh, Harls! And Pete!” Maria grinned and pulled them both in for a hug. And with a kiss on both of their temples she pulled back and ushered her family through the door. “It’s wonderful we finally were able to plan this. I brought those brownies you boys loved.” She grinned and Peter knew then and there that Frank had gotten truly lucky.