Military AU

Ooookay this is a Military AU! Powers aren’t talked about but that could be a thing idk…. anyways enjoy!

Peter rolled into the enclave after Wade breathing harshly. He took out his communicator and tried to see if he could break into the enemies com line. “So,” Wade started. “Harley’s surrounded on our right, Murdock's (Matt Murdock aka Daredevil) in the enemy lines so we can’t get a hold of him, Castle’s (Frank Castle aka the Punisher) in the upper level of the building taking care of some of the other enemies, and Howlett (Logan Howlett aka Wolverine) has the big guns. But to make matters even better we are stuck in a one way cave that they know we’re in. So, what’s our plan?”

Peter tried not to freak out, “I don’t know Wade! Matt said he was going to try and take out the head in hopes that the rest will fall but-” an explosion cut Peter off and he sucked in a worried breath. “But we lost coms and I can’t even get the enemy com lined up! Our com box has too much sand, wrecking the system.”
    Wade sighed and peaked around the corner and let out a few shots making Peter more on edge. “We should get to Harley,” the older man said and Peter felt too young.
 (I’m only 19 but my mind is older… sorry)

    Peter woke up when the bus ran over a bump in the road. He glanced around seeing Harley reading next to him. “How long until we reach the city?”
    Harley looked over closed his book and leaned onto Peter, “no good morning darling, no-”
    Peter pecked him on the lips and Harley grinned as Peter blushed. “Sorry, it’s been a long few days. I’m just excited to go home for a while.”

The southern boy nodded, “me too. I wish I could go with you but I missed Abbie’s birthday.”
    “Say hi to them for me?”
    “Of course darling, in only a few more minutes then onto separate flights.” Harley said softly and was cut off.
    “I know! I’m going to miss you guys sooo much! I love you both and our love will have to go the distance… hehe, I have often dreamed of a far off place-” Wade rambled and Logan chucked a shoe at his head cutting off the older man.

Peter smiled; he was one of the only people who didn’t really get annoyed by Wade’s humor. “You have Vanessa and your daughter. I think you’ll make do in Canada.”
    “I miss maple syrup…” Wade says softly and Harley snorts.
    “We have maple-”
    “It’s not the same cowboy!” Wade glares as he tries to keep a straight face.

    With six hours of flying and getting everything signed he was in his city once more. He raced out his bags slung over his shoulders and started out. Because he was the best son, and didn’t tell Tony or Pepper he was back. Only made Happy keep their schedules open to hang out with him. He saw Happy quickly and raced over like a little kid going to a sleepover. “Hey kid,” Happy said with a smile.
    “I am so happy to be back! Even though I’m not here for years to come I’m still pumped! Three weeks!”
    Happy took a bag and they got in the car heading to the compound. “I made sure that everyone was home and not busy. It wasn’t easy but once Friday was on my side no one could get around it.”
    “Thank you so much,” he said softly. “My team is a family. Just like Tony made his family but…”
    “I know kid, I know.”

    Growing up Peter felt overwhelmed with how many aunts and uncles he had. Tony had joined the army and soon made a family that grew so close they started a business called Heroes for Hire and helped so many in New York. Tony’s team had Steve Rogers the leader, Clint Barton the sniper, Natasha Romanoff the explosive specialist, Thor Odinson heavy artillery and Bruce Banner the medic, not to mention Tony as the radio specialist. But their family grew even more when a terrorist called Thanos attacked and many groups joined making a big family. 

    Three other groups joined. They were led by Sam Wilson, Peter Quill, and Carol Danvers. 
With Wanda Maximoff, Loki Odinson, and Drax as the explosive specialists. 
Bucky Barnes, Gamora, and Nebula as the snipers. 
Rocket, Vision Maximoff, and Scott Lang as the radio specialist. 
Stephan Strange, Mantis, Shuri as the medics. 
James Rhodey, T’Challa, and Groot (the mute), heavy artillery specialist. 

    Their family was so big that Peter often felt like every time he came home he was going to a party. But now he goes home and wonders if his team will one day join this family. His team of Wade Wilson the explosive specialist, Logan Howlett the heavy artillery, Frank Castle the sniper, Harley Keener the medic, Matt Murdock the leader, and Peter the radio specialist. His team was basically called the wrecking crew or rejects, not that Peter will ever tell his family this. But they were all of the people that were ready to be in the field but don’t always do the… perfect solution.

    Peter was snapped out of his thoughts when Happy parked in front of the compound. He grabbed his bags, said goodbye to Happy and headed in. The noise coming from the living room hit him and he realized how much he missed this loud bunch. Dropping his bags he tried not to cry and he entered the room and saw his family being… just being happy. Surprisingly it was Peter’s little sister Morgan who saw him first. He got on one knee as she screamed, “Petey!” She slammed into him and held her tightly as everyone went silent.
    “Wow, you’ve  gotten so strong since I last saw you!” Peter said in his softest voice and smiled. “Is Thor teaching you his workout routine?” 
    Morgan shook her head, “nuh uh. I have been playing in Uncle Clint’s jungle gym!” She said excitedly and Peter kissed the top of her head before letting her go and standing up.

    However, he was instantly tackled in a hug from Tony and Pepper. He let out a wet laugh, “hey mom and dad. How’s your day been?” Drax let out a bark of a laugh and suddenly the noise was gaining in volume. 
    “Oh,” Pepper said softly. “I love you so much.”
    Tony nodded, not saying anything until he pulled back, “well isn’t this a nice surprise.”
    Peter shrugged, “I’ve got three weeks…”
    “So that’s why my schedule is so blank, I thought that maybe Pepper loved me.” Tony laughed and Pepper pulled back to glare at Tony.

    Peter was pulled onto the couch between his parents and Morgan was on his lap as the conversation started up. But this time Peter was involved and just as happy.

    Then Tony pulled him closer and Peter rested his head on his dad’s shoulder. “So, how has your day been?”
    Tony chuckled at the question, “I’m always fun… I actually finished making Bruce’s arm with help from Shuri. (Because when Bruce snapped his arm was damaged so...) Oh and I got to see my son, dressed up in his army outfit holding onto my two other favorite people. So it’s been a really good day.”

Peter grinned, “I went through many airports. Who knew being stationed in Europe would be so difficult. I mean the last person I had to deal with was a maniac, Quentin Beck. I swear if it wasn’t for Wade and Matt I would be coming home for more than just a break in celebration of taking the man down.”
    Tony frowned, “I don’t really want to hear how you almost got hurt…”
    “Awww, you love me.” Peter said in reminiscent of how he used to say that with sarcasm laced in. Instead his voice was so fond that Tony practically melted.
    “How about a movie?” Natasha asked looking over at Peter who looked exhausted.
    A chorus of agreement sounded and Peter let himself drift off in the comfort of his family.

    He woke up to the smell of pancakes and bacon, Steve’s specialty. Peter opened his eyes and realised he was back in his room and grinned. Getting up and dressed he walked into the kitchen and saw his family. Natasha and Bucky were sitting on the counter. Tony was leaning against the counter talking to Pepper who was cutting up fruit. Wanda and Vision were setting the table, talking to Strange. Peter noticed the slight baby bump he missed last night. Loki and Carol were arguing over the table next to Bruce and Thor. Mantis, Rocket, Groot, Quill, Gamora, and Drax were nowhere to be seen but that didn’t surprise Peter. Nebula was playing table football with Shuri and Morgan. Sam and T’Challa were talking off to the side. 

    Clint ruffled Peter’s hair as he entered behind him. “You are loved, Steve never makes pancakes… I heard that they might even be chocolate chip pancakes.”
    “Wade is going to be sooo jealous,” Peter grinned and followed Clint to the table. He sat next to Loki who instantly handed him a glass of orange juice. It was funny to see him in mid arguement pause give Peter orange juice than continue.
    Everyone joined after a few minutes and Peter let the chaos wash over him.

Hello!!! This one took waaaaayyyy to much of my time. It was very fun to write but I started moving and then my wifi went out and the time that I wanted to use to finish and post just dissappeared... anyways hope you enjoyed! Thanks CruellaOurSaviour for the request and I hope it was what you wanted!
~Meowt