The realization

"Everything ok?"he asks driving away

"Yeah, it's just the upcoming finals...with everything that has happened I haven't been as prepared as I should be, and I'm trying to save what I can..."

"Everything that has happened?"

"Yeah...first me losing my job, then what happened with us, then I went home for 3 weeks, then I came back and broke up with Oliver...It's like I have lost years of my life in just 2 months! And I have 3 years left in school..."

"I'm sorry to hear that...I hope things will work out better from now on!"

"I hope so, too, but  apparently, I'm not going on any vacation, since I'm starting work tomorrow, so I guess it's going to be a very long summer..."

"That's a bammer...U said u broke up with Oliver?"

"Yeah, when I came back from home, I told him everything and we decided to take a step back and just maintain an open relationship of some sort, but it's only been 2 weeks and things don't look good...I guess we should end it altogether..."

"U told him everything?"

"Well, not everything...just what he needed to know...I've signed a contract after all!"

"Right... And how do u feel about it?"

"Really? U need to ask me that?"

"Well, u're here, talking to me and all, so, yeah, I had to ask..." he says shrugging his shoulders and I sigh

"I don't know, I'm very confused...I don't even know why I'm talking to u! It's like I don't care anymore if I embarrass myself or not..."

"U haven't embarrassed yourself to me..."

"Oh come on! Of course I have! First with showing up drunk as hell and then we had sex, I started crying, blamed u for everything, when in reality it was all on me and then I drunk-called u...that was rock-bottom for me!"

"I'm sorry u feel that way, but honestly, it's ok...the nature of our relationship made things way simpler for us, so don't even think about it...I don't!"

"U don't?"

"To be honest, no. And maybe what happened between us made me realize some things..."

"Really? Like what?"

"Like, I don't need to be a sugar daddy anymore...I'm too old for that shit, so I need something more stable!"

"I made u realize that?"

"Yeah!"

"How?"

"I'd rather not say..."

"Oh come on, now! U just said that the nature of our relationship made things way simpler for us!" I say, quoting him and he chuckles

"Fine...when we had sex, well, after that basically, I understood that u were right about the physical contact thing! The pleasure I got from actually having sex with u, I never felt it with the videos and stuff..."

"Yeah, sure, but u had sex before...u waited for me to understand that?"

"Yes, I had sex before but I was always thinking that the woman I have in my arms isn't what I want, so I kept thinking all the ways I didn't enjoy it fully...but when we were having sex, I didn't think that and that's when it hit me: all I have to do is stop thinking!"

"Is it so easy?"

"No, but practice makes perfect...so, I've been practicing!"

"Oh...was-was that what u were doing when I called u earlier?"

"Yeah..."

"Cool...cool cool cool! But what about the age thing? I mean, u want college girls..."

"Same way...I'm a very handsome guy, I can have whoever I want, so I just have to find a woman who looks young enough..."

"Right...I'm happy I helped then!"

"U helped so much!" He says smiling and I just turn my head to the window, looking away

"Oh, I've been meaning to ask u, what happened with your laptop anyway?"

"Oh, it was beyond repair, it would cost more to fix it than to get another one, so I got my dad's old one, that will hold me enough until I gather the money to get another one! I didn't want to spend the money I had gathered, because I didn't know when I'll find another job and my dad was like *mimics dad's voice* take this one and when it crashes we'll get another one...I swear if I didn't know him, I would think he's stingy!" I explain and he laughs at my impression

"He's still trying to teach u a lesson, huh?"

"Yeah, it's the worst...it happened so abrubdtly, with no heads up!"

"I guess he wanted u to learn how to quickly get on your feet if u lose everything in one moment..."

"Yeah..." I say and then I see we're outside the dorms

"Thank u so much for the ride...and the job! U're a real gentleman!"

"I don't know about that... It was nice seeing u, though! I hope everything will work out for u..."

"Thank u! *opens door* good night!"

"Good night and good luck on your exams if I don't see u again..." he says and I just give him a smile before I close the door and run in the building...

~~~

A week later, I have started working as a cashier in that fast food restaurant Richard, Aaron's friend, has assigned me at, which is pretty close to the university. I know, it's very convenient, but that also means that I have people from the university coming in and many of them mock me, since they know my dad is rich. Thank God I don't give a fuck, otherwise, I would have gotten fired since day one!

One day, after a long day of morning lectures and then a 6-hour-shift, I go to my room exhausted af and I fall face-first on the pillow

"U could at least bring some fries...u smelling like them really makes me hungry!" Sarah teases me

"U have more of these jokes? Because, I swear, u have told me a hundred since I started!"

"I do! but I will stop saying them all at once...I will spread them a little!"

"Jee, thanks!"I say sarcastically and she laughs

"Oh! Something came for u today, I signed for it, I hope u don't mind!"

"What is it?"

"It's on your desk..."she says and I groan before getting up

"That's-that's a laptop!" I say looking at the rectangular box with a photo of a laptop on it

"Yeah, it is! Is it your birthday or something?"

"Not until next November...did it came with a card or anything?"

"It did, actually! Under the box" she says and as I lift the box, putting it on my bed, I see a little envelope

"Is it from your dad?"

"Nope, definitely not my dad..."I say reading the card the envelope had in it

"Then from whom? Oliver?"

"No...I have to go!"I say and as I leave running, taking the card, the laptop and my phone, going straight to Nicky

"He got me a laptop!"I tell her, getting in her room without knocking