I Need To Think

"That's a damn good question! Maybe because he's the first guy that took a serious interest in me besides my looks? He didn't just see me like a hot college girl for him to bang! I think he's the first to actually see me as a person! Even before our first date! And he's so good to me!"

"That's not a reason to stay with someone, sweetie!"

"I know...God, I have so much to think about in such short time!"

"Take your time...clear your head! I can keep Oliver busy if u want!"

"How?"

"I can say I want him to supervise some contracts with new clients, go through some of the old ones...stuff like that! I can give u a week of being free of him to think clearly!"

"If u could do that, that would be great! Otherwise, I could also say they need me at work for a few days, u know, to be alone..."

"Sure, whatever u want! I'll tell him first and when he tells u that I need him, tell him your thing!"

"Thank u so much! I really needed that kind of talk and, of course, I need a few days to think straight!"

"Of course! I will always help u, sweetie! Don't u ever forget that! Just don't keep things from me..."

"Yeah, I learned my lesson..."

"Just... Wait a little! Don't say anything to anyone! I think we can find out who the father is before the baby is born!"

"I'll ask my OB/GYN, I'll call her to schedule an appointment for when I'm there..."

~~~

Indeed, my dad finds a way to keep Oliver busy in order for me to have a few days to myself to think. After he tells him about it, I also announce to him that I'm going back to New Haven because they need me at work for something only I can do. He gets pretty bumped and promises to finish the job with my dad as soon as he can so he can come find me, but I know my dad won't let him go until I'm back...

So, the next day I leave New Orleans and go back to New Haven and within 2 days I start packing my things from Oliver's house, because I decided that Oliver and I won't hold for long and it's better to end it now than later. Every time Oliver calls before we go to sleep, I play it exhausted so we end up saying only the basics. The day I started packing I told him that when I go back I have something important to tell him and he got very impatient that he keeps sending messages during the day asking me to tell him before seeing him again, but I just ignore them. On my third day, as I'm packing, crying, I hear the doorbell ringing so I go to see who it is from the peephole, only to see Aaron standing behind the door. As I take a step back and think whether I should open or not, I hear him talking

"Felicity, I know u're there, your dad told me! We need to talk!" he says but I don't reply

"Come on, I know I screwed up, but what I have to say is very important and u should hear it! I know things with u and Oliver aren't good and that's why u came here to think! Please!" he continues and I only open the door because it's an apartment and I'm afraid the other tenants will hear him

"Will u shut up already?" I ask pulling him inside the house and then closing the door

"I'm sorry, but u really have to hear me out!"

"Yeah, but other people might hear u out too! And the last thing I want is someone calling Oliver and telling him a man is knocking on our door! Who even let u in the building?"

"I charmed a very nice lady who was coming in with her dog! I flashed those baby blues *points at his eyes* and told her I'm a coworker of yours!"

"Jesus! Ok, u're in now, what do u want?"

"First, are u ok? U look a little pale! Are u sick?" he asks taking my face in his hands

"Kinda *pulls away* why are u here Aaron?"

"Well, your dad called me yesterday, told me u're here because u have to figure a few things out and that if I have one chance with u, now's the time to act!"

"Of course he said that..." I say more to myself

"What's wrong, Felicity? Why were u crying?"

"Because I just realized my life is crap, ok? I realized I'm about to get married just because I've been with Oliver for so long and I'm comfortable with him and don't want to lose that! I just realized that if I don't end this now, it will be so much worse later and it's not fair for him!"

"What made u realize that?"

"Will u tell me what u want or not? I'm kinda in the middle of packing my shit!" I say to divert the conversation

"Right! So, I wasn't straight with u and I realized I was wrong!"

"Did u realize that on your own or u had a little help from my dad?"

"He didn't tell me anything I didn't already know, but I needed to hear it from someone else too...and having his support on that, really helps!"

"Oh, so u became buddies with my dad!"

"He still needs time to come to terms with us, but he trusts me enough not to screw things up again!"

"In order not to screw things up again, u need a second chance, which I'm not sure I want to give u!"

"That's why I'm here, ready to make a fool of myself!"

"This should be good!" I say sitting on the couch, with my legs crossed, my one arm on the back of the couch and the other on my leg, looking at him with narrow eyes and a tilted head