I Understand

"Oh crap! Ok, spill it!"

"One day I went to my dorm after work and I found a brand new laptop, with a card from him. I got very mad, took the box and went to his office. We had a big fight, he ended up breaking it and then I let my guard down again and we had sex. After that, I didn't see or talk to him again, until last Christmas..."

"So, that's why u were so concerned about him being my associate; U were afraid I would find out..."

"Yeah..."

"And I sent u upstairs with him that night! Tell me u didn't have a quicky!"

"Dad! No! with u and Oliver downstairs? Of course not! Who do u think I am?"

"Oh, so that's where u draw the line?"

"Actually, yes!" I say kinda offended

"Thank God, there's a line!"

"Ok, stop it! How am I gonna go on if u keep implying I'm a horrible person without limits?"

"What more can it possibly be?" he asks exasperated

"Since u want to know everything, first I have to tell u that when we went upstairs that night I accused him of using me to get to u, he denied it, I didn't believe him, I went to my room for the phone call I had, when I finished with that and turned to come down I saw him standing in there, he kissed me, I pushed him away, slapped him and told him to get the fuck out. The next day I talked to u, u told me how u ran into each other and I decided to go find him and tell him to quit or I would show u the contract!"

"He obviously didn't quit and u didn't show me the contract..."

"Yes...because he called my bluff..."

"Bluff?"

"Yeah, he understood my motive behind that blackmail..."

"Which was?"

"Are u really going to make me say it?"

"Say what, Felicity? I'm too confused and exhausted to think, just tell me already!"

"I have feelings for him...strong ones! And he pushed me to tell him why I wanted him out of my life that badly, when in reality he didn't bother me for 2 and a half years, so I told him that seeing him the previous night brought back feelings..." I say looking down, with tears running down my cheeks again

"Oh, sweetie, u fell in love with him..."he says calming down a little

"Are u mocking me?"

"No, I'm serious! I didn't know it would come down to it, I should have seen it coming, though! u're in general very down-to-earth and logical..."

"Yeah, I was until the day we started talking...u know, deep down, I think I just said yes to the whole sugar daddy thing, because I thought it would lead to sex...and it did, but not in the way I expected...and of course I didn't plan on Oliver coming into my life! I didn't even know it would go this far with him! I said, hot professor, young, he must be changing girls like shirts..."

"U were so wrong about so many things!"

"Yeah...and now, I'm about to get married to such a sweet guy, that has me on a pedestal, but I have instead cheated on him twice and also I love someone else too!"

"Wait...twice? I thought the second time was when u and Oliver had agreed on seeing other people too..."

"Yeah, that wasn't the last time we had sex..."

"U said u didn't see him again until last Christmas, when did u- Oh my God! Was it the next day?"

"No..."