Do You Want it?

"Daddy I'm pregnant..." I say guiltily and I see him freezing

"Are-are u sure?"

"Well, I peed on 3 sticks and they all came out positive, so yeah, I'm pretty sure..."

"Do-do u know who-who the father is?" he asks trying to wrap his head around it

"That's the worst part..."

"U don't?"

"No... I'm 99.9% sure it's Aaron's!"

"Don't tell me u didn't use protection!"

"I was planning on taking the pill after, but because of our fight it completely slipped my mind, please don't be mad!" I beg him, ready to cry

"Of course I'm mad! How are we gonna handle it if u don't know who the father is for sure?"

"I don't know! I didn't have time to think!" I say burying my face in my hands, with tears in my eyes

"Do u always use protection with Oliver?"

"Yes! Exactly because I didn't want this to happen! But condoms aren't 100% effective, so there's a chance it's his! But let's be honest, we know how slim that chance is..." I say looking at him

"My God, Felicity! What are we gonna do now?"

"U know what? I'm just gonna tell Oliver that we're pregnant!"

"Yeah? And what are u gonna do if the baby is blonde with blue eyes?"

"I don't know, kill myself?"

"Felicity..." he says in a strict way

"I don't know, dad! I'm too confused! I mean, what are the chances of me, a brunette, with no history of blonde relatives with blue eyes, ending up with a blonde blue-eyed kid?"

"Slim, but existent nonetheless!"

"Ugh! I don't know, I don't know, I don't know!" I say throwing my back on the chair defeated

"Before doing anything, u have to ask yourself something..."

"What? How can I be this stupid?"

"No..."

"Then what?"

"Do u want this baby?" he asks, making me think about it

"Well...I want to have kids, if that's what u're asking, but not yet...I mean, I just graduated, I'm practically starting my life now! Getting married is a big step as it is, but a baby wasn't in my plans for at least 8-10 more years..."

"Then, maybe, u should consider not having it..."

"How can u say that? I mean, can u imagine not having me?"

"Not in my wildest dreams, but I was at the right age, I had my shit together, I was married to your mom a good 5 years...we were ready! U clearly aren't and we definitely don't know if Oliver is...Isn't he close to getting promoted?"

"Really close actually, that's why we decided to stay at New Haven for a few more years before considering moving, so he could see how things will work out with the university! He was supposed to be a temp, but look at him now, he could be head of the department in less than a year, the elections are just around the corner!"

"I'm so happy and proud of him, but right now, u can't be thinking of him...u have to think about yourself!"

"Wow, I never thought u'd be so ok with me aborting a baby or u'd tell me to think of myself!"

"Well, u're gonna carry the baby, u're gonna have the most of the work to do, so it is your decision! Sure u can ask Oliver about his opinion, but it shouldn't matter! If u're not sure or ready, u shouldn't have it just because Oliver is! A baby will change your lives and even though it might be the best thing that has ever happened to u both, it can also be a big problem, and a kid should never be a problem!"

"Would u say the same thing even if my relationship with Oliver was ok and not this trainwreck?"

"Yes...In fact, since the baby probably isn't Oliver's, I'd say u completely remove him from the equation!"

"Yes, but if I keep it, I will raise it with him!"

"Are u sure about that?"

"Yes! I'm done with Aaron! He had his chance and he blew it! And if I keep the baby and it turns out to be blonde with blue eyes, I will raise it on my own!"

"U won't even let him know?"

"I don't know, maybe! But this is not the time for that...first, I need to think if I'll keep it or not!"

"Want another opinion of mine?"

"Will it help me or confuse me even more?"

"Maybe the latter..."

"Jesus...Ok, say it!"

"If I were u, I'd include Aaron...not much, just hey, I'm pregnant and it might be yours, just wanted u to know "

"What's the point if I decide to abort it?"

"Would u feel ok keeping a secret like that?"

"Probably not..."

"Then that's the point...can I ask something else, though?"

"What's more to ask! What's left for u to know is my bra size, the kind of tampons I use and with how many guys I've been! U know literally everything else!"

"Well, I didn't mean anything like that..."

"Thank God! What is it?"

"If Aaron was to come right now and tell u that he loves u and that he wants u to be with him, would u consider it? And even consider having the baby?"

"Look, I'll be honest with u, I love him, ok? I lost it when I saw him today like that! So, yeah, maybe if he decides to be honest with me any time soon, I think I might not even hesitate...but about the baby, the fact that I'm not ready stays the same, no matter the guy...and while we're talking now, the decision of me having an abortion looks more and more appealing! But, still, this is all hypothetical! I may wake up tomorrow and decide I'm ready to be a mom or to leave Oliver, I don't know!"

"Sweetie, did u understand what u just said?"

"What?"

"That if Aaron comes and tells u that he loves u, u might not even hesitate to leave Oliver! Why are u even with Oliver if u would leave him in an instant?"