•13•

After your work got over

After your work got over. You wanted to explore the city, so you told the twins to go home without you. You were a quick learner, so now you were capable enough to take care of yourself alone. The twins left you and headed back home.

You wandered around the city going from one place to another and in the end, you ended up in a shopping mall. Huge buildings fascinated you, this world was still so much new to you. You liked this new a lot. While walking through different stores in the shopping mall, you spotted a familiar half red and half white-haired man. He was helping an elderly couple carry boxes to their store.

'Why do these heroes help people so much?' You thought to yourself as you saw him still helping the couple. You walked a bit closer to them. Keeping your safe distance from them. It was all out of curiosity, you didn't have enough guts to directly approach him since you know your heart won't stop beating rapidly every time he's around. It kind of pained your chest every time your heartbeat increases.

"Thank you so much for helping us, no. 2 pro hero Shoto," You heard the old woman say.

"Please, ma'am call me Shoto," He said. The couple gave him a warm smile.

"You are kind, son," The old man said.

"Thank you, sir," Shoto said. The couple left shortly after that.

"You know it's quite disrespectful to eavesdrop," Shoto said looking at you. Your eyes widened when you realized that he already knew you were there. He's not no. 2 pro hero for no reason. He is sharp and he always knows what's going on in his surroundings.

"So-sorry, pro hero," You said. As he approached you, your heart started thumping in your chest again. Maybe someday you'll have a cardiac arrest because of this man.

"What are you doing here, Sapphire?" He asked.

"Sapphire?" You asked him.

"Well, your eyes keep reminding me of that gemstone. So tell me what are you doing here? " He asked. It was weird for Shoto too to give someone a nickname, it was very unlike him.

"O-oh, I was just wandering around exploring the place," You replied shortly. You didn't know how to keep the conversation going and neither did Shoto know how to do it. You both have pretty much an antisocial personality.

"Okay, then I'll get going," He said as he turned his back towards you.

'Do something Karen! Stop him from leaving' your inner voice said.

"Pro hero!" You exclaimed. It came out louder than you expected. He turned around and looked at you.

"Yes?" He asked.

"I-i wanna see and know more about the gemstone you talked about," You said. It came out more like a whisper.

"You have never seen sapphire gemstone before?" He asked. You shook your head saying 'no'.

"Hm. I don't know much about it either. But, I can always search up for information and pictures," He said. He was having a normal conversation with someone, that too a girl.

"Thank you, pro hero," You smiled at him. A genuine smile.

"Call me Shoto," He said and you nodded.

"Shoto," You said his name.

"I was going to have soba, do you wanna join as well? I can tell you about sapphire gemstone while having soba," He asked. Shoto had his stoic expression but deep down he was hell nervous. This was the first time he invited someone to have soba with him other than his siblings and friends.

"I... I don't wanna bother you, pro... Shoto!" You said. You felt more embarrassed because of the number of mistakes you made while talking to him.

"No, it's alright. I don't like eating alone anyway," He said.

"Okay, I'll join you," You said. He nodded as he started walking and you started to follow him.

Food with the guy who makes your heart beat like crazy. So far you have only dreamed about it. But, now that dream was going to make it a reality. You have read about love in the books, that you've been currently reading but you still couldn't figure out of it was really love or just your obsession over the pro hero because of his intriguing personality.

***

Don't forget to vote, comment, follow and share.