•22•

The next day when you visited Shoto at his agency

The next day when you visited Shoto at his agency. You saw he was with Izuku and his assistant, who was the first one to notice your presence. She immediately made her way closer to Shoto which you didn't fail to see. You wanted to scoff and push her away but you kept your calm.

"Hey guys," You said as both the men finally realized your presence.

"Sapphire," Shoto greeted with a slight nod.

"Karen, it's been a while. It's nice to see you," Izuku said.

"Yeah, Deku. It's nice to see you too. We should hang out again someday," You said and he nodded agreeing to it.

"I see you guys are busy. So, I'll just leave this lunch here," You said as you placed the lunch on the table.

"Sapphire... "

"Lunch? You bring Todoroki lunch?" Izuku asked.

"I asked her to bring me soba. She cooks great soba," Shoto said. Sometimes he's just way too much straightforward. Your cheeks immediately got covered with a lighter shade of pink.

"Oh! Is that so?" Izuku asked with a knowing look as a small teasing smile made his way on his lips.

"I thought you were going to have lunch with me? Remember we have to go shopping for  Hero Gala?" Hinako said.

'He was going to have lunch with her?' You thought.

"I... I'll get going guys, I don't want to disturb you," You said as you waved them goodbye and walked out hurriedly.

"Karen, wait!" You heard Shoto's voice. You turned around to look at him as he approached you.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't contact you yesterday. There was a sudden villain attack and I had to go there," He apologized. You smiled at him.

"Don't worry, Shoto. I figured," You said. As he rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly.

"There's nothing between me and my assistant," He blurted out. For someone who uses his words very carefully, this was the first time for Shoto to blurt something out like this. But, he didn't want you to have any wrong ideas about him and Hinako.

"I didn't say anything about it," You said trying to bite back a smile that was almost forming on your lips. His words, at least that made you realize that he cares about what you think.

"I just wanted you to know," He said.

"Okay," You said with a smile.

"Let's eat together," He suggested. You shook your head.

"Your work is more important and I also have to go shopping for Hero Gala," You said.

"Wait, you are coming?" He asked getting surprised. You nodded.

"Yeah, Ashido had an extra entrance pass. So, she gave me one," You said.

"Do you have a date?" He asked getting curious.

"No, I'm going with Ashido and Red Riot," You said and he nodded as he let out a satisfied sigh. He won't admit it but seeing you with another man who is not him was going to make him hell jealous.

How badly he wished he could just ditch his current date and take you instead. But, he can't be the no. 2 pro hero he had some rules to follow as well.

***

Don't forget to vote, comment, follow and share.