•16•

"Touya, is everything okay?" Shoto asked

"Touya, is everything okay?" Shoto asked. Touya lets out a big sigh in frustration.

"There was a surprise villain attack and now Keigo is badly hurt. He's in the hospital right now. I'll have to go," Touya said looking extremely worried for his best friend.

"Do you want me to come with you, brother?" Shoto asked. Touya shook his head.

"No, I'll just go alone and let you know about the situation," Touya said as he got up from his seat.

"I'll see you around, Karen," Touya said. You nodded.

"Yeah, you too, Dabi," You said. He nodded and left the place soon after.

"So, um. Who is Keigo?" You asked chuckling nervously.

"Pro hero Hawks," Shoto said.  nodded.

"Sorry, I didn't know his real name," You said.

"It's alright, not many people know it," He replied. You both fell into comfortable silence later, and soon after you both were done eating.

"You done?" He asked and you nodded.

"Yeah," You said as you kept your chopsticks down. You both got up and went to the billing counter. You fetched out your money, but before you could pay for your food, Shoto already paid for you.

"I can pay for my food," You said.

"No one can do that. Kirishima once said it isn't a very manly thing to let the lady pay. And since I'm a man, it's my job to pay," Shoto explained again with his stoic face. You weirdly found his way of talking funny, you couldn't help but giggle.

"Did I say something funny?" He asked looking at you with an amused expression. This was the second time he gave an expression.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to laugh," You said. Heat crawled up your cheeks as soon as you saw his changed expression. He gave a very tiny smile. Not exactly a very visible one, but you could see it was there.

"Don't be sorry. I think we should get going now," He said. You nodded. You both stepped out of the diner.

"I guess this is it. Thank you for the food. I'll see you around, Shoto," You said as you turned to walk away.

"Wait, let me drop you home," He said tagging along.

"I can go by myself. I don't want to take your so much time, pro hero," You said. It wasn't like you were going to walk all the way there. You would have just simply teleported back.

"No, my friend Kirishima also told me never to let a lady walk home alone. It's not manly," He said keeping his forefinger on his chin thinking about what else his friend Eijiro told him about treating a lady. You smiled shaking your head.

"Your friend Kirishima seems like a nice guy," You said.

"Yes, he is. All of my friends are," He said. You smiled thinking about it. It must be nice having friends. You had Mitsuri and Mitsuo but you weren't sure if you would consider them your friends. They were just letting you stay with them because your quirk comes in handy.

"It must be nice having friends," You mumbled absentmindedly.

"What do you mean? Do you not have any?" He asked looking at you. You shook your head saying 'no'.

"I mean I have Mitsuri and Mitsuo but they are well my... Cousins," You said. He nodded and paused for a moment.

"Well, I can be your friend. If you like," He suggested. You looked at him blinking your eyes. Someone was willing to be your friend for the first time.

"Yeah... Yeah, I would like that," You said. Your heart was thumping again in your chest.

'He's my friend now. I'm his friend now. We are friends. Is this a dream?' You thought to yourself.

***

Don't forget to vote, comment, follow and share.