•37•

You were called by the council after few days

You were called by the council after few days. You didn't know the reason behind the sudden meeting, but you don't seem to care about it anyway.

You saw Izuku and Katsuki standing there. Katsuki had his usual scowl on while Izuku was smiling. You were confused as last time you remembered he didn't like you at all.

"Miss Karen, do you know why we have called you here?" Asked one of the council members. You shook your head.

"Well, when our pro heroes were interrogating professor psycho, they found out that his test subjects were all kidnapped. He picked out all the quirkless children to kidnap so he could induce various quirks inside them," Another council member explained.

"And?" You asked.

"You were also kidnapped, Karen. And lucky for you we have found out about your parents," The same council member said.

"I don't understand... Even if I was kidnapped that was a long time ago. I'm literally in my twenties right now!" You exclaimed.

"You were quirkless, Karen. Not many people born each year are quirkless. It was easy to find your family," The female council member said. You stepped back.

"This is not true. Are you all joking with me? How can someone like me have a family?!" You exclaimed pulling your hairhair in frustration. Izuku rushed in to help you calm down.

"Karen, you can have a family too. I know it's too much information but try to calm down," Izuku said. You took in deep breathes as they helped you to calm down.

"Do you want to meet your parents?" Izuku asked.

"They... They are here?" You asked with wide eyes. He nodded with a smile.

He led you to the room where your parents were sitting waiting for you to show up. You opened the door and got greeted by two warm pairs of eyes.

"Karen?" Asked the woman with similar dark hair as yours. She had tears in her eyes as you nodded slowly.
She rushed towards you and engulfed you in a warm hug.

"My baby, I'm so sorry! I'm so sorry we couldn't find you... We searched for you everywhere but we just couldn't find you!" She cried on your shoulder. Your father was the next to engulf you in a hug.

"I'm such a bad father. I couldn't be there for you all these years, I failed to find you! I'm so sorry, my daughter!" He cried as well. It's been days since you last felt such warmth. You couldn't speak anything, you just hugged them till your heart felt full.

"I'm glad at least they didn't change your real name and let you keep your real name," Your mother said caressing your cheeks.

"My real name is 'Karen'?" You asked. They nodded.

"Karen Aoki, that's what your name is," Your father said.

"Karen Aoki... " You mumbled with a smile. You were glad at least your name was real.

"I'm happy you are back with your family, Karen Aoki," Izuku said.

"Thank you, Izuku. Thank you for helping me," You thanked him.

"That's my job as a hero. Your passports and documents are ready so you can board to America tomorrow with your parents," He said.

"America?" You asked.

"Yes, sweetie. We have been living in America for the past 10 years and now that is where your home is as well," Your mother said.

America? Away from Shoto? You don't know if you want to go there or not. You were in a dilemma, a very tough dilemma.

***

I'll have to socialize with humans next week... I'm not ready for it😖

Don't forget to vote, comment, follow and share.