•35•

"Dabi?" You asked the man who just came by to meet you

"Why did you do that, Karen? Why are you a villain?" He asked. You took in a sharp breath.

"I... Didn't... It just happened, Dabi. You have got to believe me. Shoto needs to believe me, only if I knew the difference between good and bad before... I could have been... A good person," Your voice cracked as you were on verge of crying.

"What are you talking about?" He asked.

"I was raised isolated from the world. I have spent my entire life caged in a room. I was taught no human emotions or feelings... I'm just a mere test subject of a mad scientist... I'm sorry, I really am," You said crying.

"So, what the pro heroes were talking, it was all true? You are one of Professor psycho's test subjects," Dabi said to himself.

"Can I... Please talk to Shoto. Just once?" You asked. Touya sighed.

"As a friend, I do forgive you, Karen. But, as a brother. I can't, I'm sorry. And two pro heroes will be inquiring you soon, one of them is my brother," He said as he left the place not waiting for your answer or any of your questions.

In despair and defeat, you went back to your room waiting for the pro heroes to come and interrogate you.

After hours of waiting, they were finally there. Just like Touya said, Shoto was one of them and another pro hero was Izuku.

"Villain Tora, please take a seat," Shoto said coldly as he gestured you to sit on the seat in front of the table. Your heart ached but you got up from your single bed anyways and sat in front of them.

"You'll have to answer whatever we ask. You are not allowed to ask any questions to us or lie to us. If you lie to us, there are sensors in this room, we'll know that you are lying," Shoto said. You gave a sad smile shaking your head.

"I don't intend to lie. You can ask pro hero Deku. I was willing to help from the beginning anyway," You replied.

"Very well then," Shoto said as they started to interrogate you. They asked you all about professor psycho which you replied to whatever information you had about the man. They asked you about the other two villains who were with you in the robbery and you told them all about the twins too.

"That was a lot of information we received. It'll be easier for us to catch professor psycho now," Izuku said.

"I'm glad I could be of some help finally," You mumbled. Both the pro heroes heard you but they kept their mouths shut.

"Just like I said. In return for your help, your punishment will be reduced. I'll talk to the council about this and will help you reduce your punishment," Izuku said.

"You are too kind, pro hero. I don't deserve such kindness. I'm fine with whatever punishment I'm supposed to have," You said with a small smile.

"The opportunity is always open for you, think about it carefully," Izuku said as they both got up ready to leave.

"Pro hero Shoto. Can I talk to you for a minute?" You asked looking at Shoto.

"I'll be outside," Izuku said as he went out leaving you alone with Shoto.

"What is it?" Shoto asked. He had his usual blank stare.

"I'm sorry, Shoto... "

"It's either Todoroki or pro hero to you, Tora," Shoto corrected you.

"Pro hero, I'm sorry. I know I don't even deserve your forgiveness... "

"If you know that you don't deserve forgiveness, then why are you wasting my time apologizing!" Shoto said a little too harshly. You flinched.

"I know... "

"A hero and villain can never be together!" He slammed his hand on the table and left with an annoyed expression.

You stared at his disappearing figure with wide eyes. You knew he was right and the truth was hurting you like hell. You were hardly able to think straight.

***

Ramen... Ichiraku ramen!

Don't forget to vote, comment, follow and share.