Task Force 99

We're coming up on Kamino," said Tech.

"It's good to be home. How long has it been?" Wrecker crossed his arms and sat back, watching his home planet near.

"One hundred and eighty rotation in a standard cycle, but galactic zone changes put the adjusted figure at around 205."

Wrecker raised an eyebrow, confused by Tech's response. "What?"

Echo sighed, slightly annoyed, "A long time." He clarified.

"You got that right," Wrecker exclaimed as they reached closer to Kamino.

Behind them, Hunter and Crosshair sat quietly. Something clearly bugging Crosshair as Hunter rested his eyes.

"What?" Hunter asked. He could feel Crosshair staring right at him.

"You sure that Padawan died when he fell?" Crosshair had been going on about that since they left Kaller.

"Sure, I'm sure. Why?"

"Well, usually when someone falls, you look down, not across."

"Well, some of us don't like to watch." Hunter got up from his seat and joined the rest in the cockpit. He avoided the conversation with Crosshair. Something wasn't right with him and with the clones' orders had received on Kaller. It didn't feel right; that is why he lied about the padawan's death.

Crosshair suspected it. He knew Hunter didn't kill the Padawan; he was sure of it. He wondered if Hunter would have the dignity, to tell the truth about it or not. It disappointed Crosshair; afterall, he would've killed the padawan himself.

The team began to reach Kamino. The sky was cloudy and dark as usual. The window was covered with small droplets of rain,  then disappeared from the velocity the ship was going. The men stared into the skies; it was home. Kamino was where they could finally rest.

—-

"I don't understand," Cohen paced back and forth in the room. Omega sat on her bed, watching without saying a word. "Treason? Are the Jedi committing treason? That doesn't make sense." Cohen shook her head.

"Have you met a Jedi before?" Omega asked curiously.

"Yes. And they're kind and chivalrous."

Omega's eyes widened. "Why didn't you tell me that before? Do they really carry their sabers everywhere?"

Cohen stayed put for a moment seeing her sister's curiosity come into play. She sat next to her on her bed and placed her hand on her leg.

"Whatever you've heard about Jedi is true. They're brave, gallant, and strong beings. They do carry their sabers around. They wear robes and walk tall, yet they're very humble. Kind-hearted and genuine."

"How do you know so much about them?"

"Because I met one," Cohen felt saddened for a moment. Wondering if the Jedi she met back then was alive or not. She could not wrap her head around the fact that they committed treason. Where was the evidence? How could they? "Her name was Shaak Ti. She was here on Kamino when the Clone's Inhibitor chip wasn't working, remember?"

Omega nodded her head, listening to her sister's every word. Astounded by what Cohen knew and in disbelief that she never got to meet one.

"She helped all kinds of Clones and all kinds of people. It doesn't make any sense." Cohen placed her head in her hands. All kinds of questions were raised, but mostly, her intuition was telling her that none of it was true.

"We haven't worked for a while now. I think Nala Se is very upset with us," Omega brought her legs up to her chest then hugged them tightly.

"I'm not so worried about that," Cohen said.