Trouble Makers

"I'm hungry!" Wrecker whined.

"We'll have dinner soon. Just wait a little longer," Tech said.

"Aghh! But I'm hungry now!"

"You'll have to wait. The dining hall isn't open yet," Echo added.

The team were all in their bunkers waiting in anticipation to eat. Their room was noisy due to Wreckers complaints and Techs equipment. They had all kinds of stuff in their room, it was quite a mess.

Hunter laid on his bed, looking at the ceiling. His hand was placed behind his head for comfort as he remained quiet, the noise around didn't bother him at all. 

"What is it?" Echo stood above looking down at him. Hunter sat up on the corner of his bed. He didn't know where to begin.

"Maybe he's paranoid because he let that Jedi kid escape," Crosshair said from across the room. Or do you want to keep lying to us?" Crosshair asked.

"I don't like to think of executing our commanders as a mission objective," Hunter replied. Crosshair was starting to get on his nerves.

"An order is an order," Crosshair glared at Hunter.

"Since when?" Hunter lashed out.

"None of this makes any sense," added Echo. "Those Clones served alongside General Billaba for years. How could they turn on her like that?"

"Because of the regs programming," Tech said out of the blue. It took everyone by surprise.

"What programming?"

"It's been well documented that the Kaminoans inhibited the cognitive functions of clones to engineer them to follow orders without question."

"Ha! We sure don't!" Wrecker nudged Crosshair on the shoulder, he didn't like that so much.

"Obviously, we are different." Tech continued to explain. "They manipulated pre-existing aberrations in our DNA. Resulting your brute strength, Crosshair's sharpshooting skills, Hunter's enhanced senses and my exceptional mind. My guess we are immune to the effects of the programming. Though I can't be 100% certain of it." Tech glanced over at Crosshair, anxiously.

"What about Echo? He was a reg before he joined us," asked Hunter.

"The damage Echo sustained on Skako Minor most likely wiped his preset behavioral modifications. He is more machine than man... percentage wise at least."

Echo sighed sadly, "Lucky me."

Hunter peeked outside where there was rain and lightning. Still he didn't understand. From a Republic to an Empire? Calling Jedi's criminals? None of it added up except for why the Troopers on Kaller killed their own commander. And deep inside, he was glad no one harmed the padawan. Crosshair could see right through Hunter.

—-

"Nala Se won't make it to the hall. It's just us," Cohen brushed her hair neatly before leaving the quarters again.

Omega played with her fingers. She did that whenever she wanted something and was afraid to ask.
"Cohen... Do you think-"

Cohen raised an eyebrow. She knew where Omega's question was leading to.

"Can we... join Hunter and his squad for dinner?" Omega smiled, it was an embarrassed smile. But she was hopeful too.

"I guess so."

Omegas eyes widened. "You mean it?"

Cohen rolled her eyes. "Only if you behave yourself. We aren't supposed to be near them, but only because Nala Se won't be there, I guess it would be okay."