Escape

"You didn't need to bandage my hand. I didn't fracture my fist," Cohen said holding up her arm where Omega had given her a brace.

"I only want to heal it faster," she shrugged.

"Alright then," Cohen laughed. "You better go, and fast."

"If Nala Se asks, I had to use the restroom!" Omega said as she ran out.

Cohen smiled watching her sister go and sighed.

"And where is Omega?" Nala Se appeared precisely when she left.

"She's gone to the restroom." Terrible lie, Cohen thought.

"Hm. Go with her."

"Yes, mistress." She got up and held her arm with a cast which was actually heavy.

"Cohen?" Cohen turned around looking at her superior. "You should go. When you have the chance."

Go? Go where?

"I'm sorry?" Cohen wasn't understanding.

"Omega is right. Kamino is no longer safe. Go where your sister is. I'm afraid I can no longer protect you both."

"Nala Se, do you know something we don't?"

Nala Se couldn't look her in the eyes. She turned her head away and paused before she spoke again.

"You're one of a kind. You and Omega. Don't forget that." Nala Se walked away saying nothing more. Cohen didn't want to ask, she was only going to follow orders.

In the hangar, the squad was loading their equipment in preparation to leave for Onderon. They were all set, all except for Hunter who was just walking into the Hangar. He could hear small steps behind him and a soft voice calling his name. He rolled his eyes knowing that Omega was behind.

"I told you to keep your distance," he turned around to say.

"I know but, I need to talk to you."

"All right. What is it?" Hunter got down on his knees to stay eye level with her.

"That imperial officer, Cohen and I think he has it out for you. We overheard him talking to Nala Se, he doesn't like clones."

Hunter chuckled knowing that wasn't any news to him.
"Ah, that's nothing new for us. But we get the job done."

"I don't trust him," Omega shook her head.

"A mission's a mission. It's nothing to worry about."

"Then let me come with you," Omega raised her voice hopelessly.

"Kid, you're not a soldier. It's dangerous."

"It's dangerous here too. Things aren't like before. We need to leave Kamino."

"Stay with your sister. You're better off." But Omega wasn't convinced. Whatever was happening, it was bigger than Cohen and Nala Se. They wouldn't be able to stop whatever was going on.

"Hunter, let's go!" Wrecker yelled from the ship. Hunter stood up and lightly patted her shoulder before he began to walk away. She watched nervously and began to fidget with her fingers.

"Hunter," she said his name one last time. He turned around waiting to hear what she had to say.

Omega wasn't sure herself, all she knew was that she wanted to leave with them and she wanted Cohen there too.

"Um-" she hesitated and shook her head. "Never mind." But in reality, she wanted to beg him to take her. To take Cohen and leave Kamino for good.

Hunter turned away and continued to walk until he reached the ship. Omega hadn't left just yet. She was going to watch the ship leave.